Went to our first event- picked up TB

d+n.s

Dumb question as usual:

We attended our first event and grabbed a bug at the end of it. When we were "discovering" other bugs at the event, we decided to only "discover" the one we took for now and to let the owner know we had it and we'd "remove" it soon.

The logic here, was that a lot of people would be logging discoveries over the next few days and it would be easier and simpler for them if we left the bug in the event cache.

I see that not a lot of people "discovered" the bug still, but I'm not sure how popular that really is and if I'm being overly accomidating. I recently saw some weirdness happen with a coin getting discovered way late and was hoping to avoid that from happening.

Anyway, is it common practice to leave a bug "in" an event for a day or so after the event? If so, how long should I wait to "retrieve it" officially/online?

Sorry for the weird question

Anyway, is it common practice to leave a bug "in" an event for a day or so after the event? If so, how long should I wait to "retrieve it" officially/online?

No, but as long as you plan to hold on to it for a bit, no biggie.

If the event was Saturday morning I wouldn't go past Monday evening.

It does not need to be in a cache, or in an event, for others to discover it. It can be in limbo, and people would still be able to discover it. You don't want to wait too long, if they are going to discover it, they should log soon. No need to wait to see if they want to in a week from now.

You wouldn't believe how many times I have jotted down a tracking number to discover later, and I never did log it! So don't wait long.