Night caching

4.15. Night Caches

Night Caches have been designed to be found at night. They are often impossible (or quite difficult) to find during the day, due to the methods required to find them. For example, you must use a flashlight and follow a series of reflectors to find the final location. Night caches usually have the attribute "night cache", "recommended at night", and/or "flashlight required."

teetretretr.jpg

Use http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/ and run a pocket query for caches that have these attributes.

Edited by Coldgears

Yes. Its called using a Pocket Query.

If you go to this URL ( http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/ ), you can build a Pocket Query and use the "attributes" section to include only geocaches that require a flashlight. Then you will get a list back of theses types of geocaches that are near whatever location you put in.

For more information on building Pocket Queries, watch this:

Edited by jacob501

WOW! Thanks so much! Now...is it possible to load this pocket query onto my iPhone?

I know the official Android app can, so I assume the Iphone app can. On the android app you can click on a button and any pocket queries you did on the website can be sorted on the app. If that doesn't work use a USB and manually put it in the right folder (It'll probably be named "pocket queries" inside your "geocaching" folder, inside your "Applications" folder)

WOW! Thanks so much! Now...is it possible to load this pocket query onto my iPhone?

I know the official Android app can, so I assume the Iphone app can. On the android app you can click on a button and any pocket queries you did on the website can be sorted on the app. If that doesn't work use a USB and manually put it in the right folder (It'll probably be named "pocket queries" inside your "geocaching" folder, inside your "Applications" folder)

You are absolutely right! Its right in the app on my phone. Technology is amazing!

Ah, doesnt matter...only 2 that within a 50 mile radius of our home coords...bummer

50 miles radius is not far at all! Hop on a local Interstate, go 5 miles above the 55 mile speed limit, and get there in less then an hour's drive!

I believe the Interstate speed limit in the OP's State is 70.

Nevertheless, that 50-mile radius is as the "geo-crow flies", making it a 80-mile trip or better in real miles.

Just yesterday we did two "5s" that were listed on the cache page as 64 miles away. Actual mileage was 104. Rare for us to drive that far to play too.

Attempted one today that was like 20 miles away from where I was as the crow flies... 50 miles one way later and a micro I didn't find in the woods with signal bounce...

50 mile radius doesn't seem too bad in general. But I wouldn't make that trip for a single cache. Especially if they were on back country roads. Budget wise I try to keep it closer to home or a bunch clustered together.