NEW LOG BOOK NEEDED ? can YOU help

this my be an odd request ?

Brownsea Squirrel Cache GCQKQP located on brown sea Island

this little cache need a new log book

please if your planning a trip to the Island can you take a new log with you ... this with kee the cache alive

also please take a bag to clean out all the scraps of paper that have been left as make shift logs (calling cards )

it seems that the cache owner has not logged on for some 14 months ( hope their well )

seem a shame to let this cache go

we had a grate day whilst on the island

so please can any one find it in their heart to help

martin .. just a normal cacher with a heart

Edited by little-leggs
... it seems that the cache owner has not logged on for some 14 months
I'm afraid my view is the opposite of yours. Every cache should have a loving owner. If the reviewers confirm that this one hasn't, then it's best archived and the request should be for the next visitor to remove the entire thing.

Rgds, Andy

... it seems that the cache owner has not logged on for some 14 months
I'm afraid my view is the opposite of yours. Every cache should have a loving owner. If the reviewers confirm that this one hasn't, then it's best archived and the request should be for the next visitor to remove the entire thing.

Rgds, Andy

I tend to agree.

If this were a cherished cache looked after by local cachers in the owners absence, then there wouldn't be an issue.

But if - as in this case - the cache seems to have been neglected and an appeal put out for future visitors to maintain it, then it would seem the best solution might be to archive it and have a replacement hidden by somebody prepared to look after it :)

I believe Brownsea Island's in the hands of the National Trust? Given their proactive attitude to caching generally, it might be an idea to ask if they'd want to/be prepared to put out some caches of their own on the island?