Available areas to place a Geocache?

Is there an easy way to tell where I can place a Geocache? I think they need to be 1/10th of a mile away from any other caches to be accepted. But in heavily "cached" areas, its hard to tell where to place the cache. It would be nice to have an online map highlighting the possible areas. Is there some thrid-party website that could help me out here, or is there some feature in Geocaching.com that I'm missing? Thanks.

Is there an easy way to tell where I can place a Geocache? I think they need to be 1/10th of a mile away from any other caches to be accepted. But in heavily "cached" areas, its hard to tell where to place the cache. It would be nice to have an online map highlighting the possible areas. Is there some thrid-party website that could help me out here, or is there some feature in Geocaching.com that I'm missing? Thanks.

here.

From the guidelines: "The two main goals of the saturation guideline are to encourage you to seek out new places to hide caches rather than putting them in areas where caches already exist, and to limit the number of caches hidden in a particular area, especially by the same hider."

If the only way you can find a place that is 528'/161m from all other caches is to look for holes in a map showing circles around each existing cache, then perhaps the area has enough caches already. It would be better to seek out a new place to hide caches.

First you probably should get a premium membership. Then you can do a PQ of the area and drop it in a mapping service that allows you to draw .1 mile circles around them. Look for open areas but be aware there could be a multi stage of mystery cache there.

There is no indication that the is this area free is being considered. To many people already know how to "battleship" the final location of a hidden cache.