Suggestion: Show Coordinates In Search Results

Texas-Jacksons

I have to disagree. People need to look at the actual cache page. Including the coordinates on the search results list just makes it too easy for people to skip viewing the cache page. And that makes it possible for them to miss out on potentially critical information. For example, if you went looking for this cache without reading the cache page, it's unlikely you would find it.

3608_1400.gif

I have to agree with the Prime Suspect.

There are a lot of safety issues to go along with several caches out here.

Also, for multi caches there are a lot of them you will need a starting compass direction as well as the cords.

I even have one, and there are several out, that can only be done at night, information you will need.

Later, logscaler.

Posting the coordinates doesn't necessarily mean that someone isn't going to read the cache page. But simply that they have an abbreviated list of caches in the area to carry along with them. It's a lot easier to make a short note on the sheet for those caches requiring instructions. However, every cache requires coordinates.

The main problem is the cost and waste of printing dozens of cache pages. Even using the print friendly version and average cache page is 2-3 pages. That's a lot of paper to tote around and a waste of our trees.

Perhaps there is another solution? Such as a print friendly version of the search results page. Really, how much information is necessary? Cache name, coordinates and somestimes instructions.

What I used to do is on the search results page is click the "check all" button and download the .loc file. When I had as many of the caches I wanted I'd open each file in GeoBuddy, combine the files into one and then save. Then I upload to the GPS.

You can select the caches you want to download by selecting the individual cache instead of using the "check all" button.

The best way to do it is become a charter member and use the pocket queries. Then if you had a laptop, use ClayJar's Watcher program. With the new GPX format the possibilities are almost endless. I'm not a programer, but someone could come up with a program to create a Word document similar to the eBook format for MobiPocket. Then you could adjust the sizes of the font, create an index, or whatever.

...or someone could be creative and take the GPX file and create a paged HTML version of the file. The index is on one page and links to seperate pages for each cache. You then load that to your laptop.

CR

72057_2000.gif