Trouble with Endura

Hi

I just started geocaching 3 weeks ago and just became a premium member today. I tried to download some gpx files to my Endura Out&Back device, which I got in the starter kit from Groundspeak, and there are several things that aren't happening that according to the manual should be. First, the device did not come with a mini usb...i purchased one today from a local store. Should it have come with one? Second, when I hooked up my device to the computer to download, my computer didn't recognize it as a "massive storage device" or anything else for that matter AND my device just turned on and went to the main menu. A screen did not come up that said PC mode or anything like that. I don't know if there is a plugin i'm missing. I searched the site to see if there was anything unique to my Endura that I could download but I only found stuff downlable for the Garmin and a couple of others. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or what I've overlooked. ANY help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you in advance.

I have an HP G71-340US Notebook. I bought it new in fall of 2009. Its got Windows 7 (64-bit)...don't know if that last part is relevant. I am NOT technologically inclined so I'm not sure if this is all the information that you requested. Please let me know if you need to know more. THANK YOU.

Tell me about your PC. Brand/type? Operating system? how old?

I have an HP G71-340US Notebook. I bought it new in fall of 2009. Its got Windows 7 (64-bit)...don't know if that last part is relevant. I am NOT technologically inclined so I'm not sure if this is all the information that you requested. Please let me know if you need to know more. THANK YOU.

Tell me about your PC. Brand/type? Operating system? how old?

Did you get your questions answered satisfactorily?

Edited by HuelatPackers

No, my question remains. I still haven't figured out how to make the thing work. Running Windows 7, 64 bit on a Dell.

I am not an employee of Lowrance, but am a long time geocacher and now a new member of the Lowrance Pro Staff Team with responsibility to support geocaching related forums and events.

If you can answer these questions I can give you the steps that need to be taken to download caches.

1. If you are using an SD Card, did you remove it.

2. Are you trying to download Pocket Queries or single GPS files?

3. Do you have GSAK or EasyGPS installed on your computer?

4. Have you installed the latest software upgrade, V1.5?

Endura upgrade 1.5

The download is not necessary, however it is very comprehensive and fixed the issues that affected the geocaching experience.

Hi, thanks for trying to help. I do not have an SD card, I'm trying to download pocket queries, I have EasyGPS installed, I have not installed the the upgrade yet.

I have the same issue as Brackclan, "the device did not come with a mini usb...i purchased one from a local store. Should it have come with one? Second, when I hooked up my device to the computer to download, my computer didn't recognize it as a "massive storage device" or anything else for that matter AND my device just turned on and went to the main menu

If the usb is plugged into a safari, a user partition should display under ‘my computer’ as an attached flash drive on a Windows OS personal computer. While the endura is plugged in, there will be a usb symbol screen on the endura. The Endura will only display this while plugged into USB on a computer.

If the flash drive does not display on the PC under ‘my computer’ when the USB cable is attached, try rebooting the computer while the USB is attached and the flash drive should appear in ‘my computer’ on the computer as a flash drive.

Try this and let me know your results.

Hi, thanks for trying to help. I do not have an SD card, I'm trying to download pocket queries, I have EasyGPS installed, I have not installed the the upgrade yet.

I have the same issue as Brackclan, "the device did not come with a mini usb...i purchased one from a local store. Should it have come with one? Second, when I hooked up my device to the computer to download, my computer didn't recognize it as a "massive storage device" or anything else for that matter AND my device just turned on and went to the main menu

Lowrance Pro Staffer, just trying to get the facts on Endura correct

Thanks for your time. Here is what I did:

Attached USB to Endura turned it on and the main screen appeared that says "Out&Back" (no USB symbol appeared on screen of Endura)

shut down PC w/Endura connected via USB (screen on Endura stayed the same "Out&Back"

Windows wouldn't start

Unplugged USB from Endura

Windows started, although hesitant

Plugged USB back into Endura and got message "USB device not recognized"

Now Endura will not turn off, nor will it go to the menu; guess I have to remove the batteries

I would love to be able to use this GPS without having to rely on paper. Thanks again for your help.