Lots of finds?

Just wondering how do people find like 30+ caches is one night or day? The most I have been able to is 6, I always see logs say things like find number 17 of 35, which is like half of my total finds

Thanks.

Kind of depends on the saturation of the area you are in, ease of getting from one to the next, the difficulty of the hides, the experience you have finding hides, the weather, the time of year, your physical condition, and possibly, most of all, your desire to do so!

We were stunned when we first saw those "big" numbers, but when the long days of summer are here, and you get up early and go to an area away from home, you'd be surprised how many caches you can do. I think 27 was our top number. We picked a lot of caches that explained some of the history of the area we went to and planned a circuitous route so we weren't doubling back too much.

A couple techniques if numbers are your thing.

Gather a team of friends--four sets of eyes is better than one;

Pick a place with a lot of caches that can be driven to or a trail saturated with caches.

Select your caches carefully...HIGH DIFFICULTY rating or lots of recent DNFs means a challenging hide and will likely cost a lot of time and perhaps a DNF is all you'll be able to show for it; all recent DNFs means that the cache is probably gone.

Plan you route: sequence the caches so you know what order you will be getting them in and print out that list. "Next closest" is not always the best one to be going after. I like to sequence "out and back" routes. For example, run generally away from my home getting caches until we get to a turn around point, then run back toward home collecting other caches. This way, I am closer to home when done.

But most of all, have fun with the people you are with...that's the best part of a large number day...the fun.

Last weekend we made 18 Caches on one big mystery tour in about three hours.

Each hidden stage was one mystery.

If this tour had been a multi, we hat 'only' one cach to log and 17 stages to find.

There are many upcoming 'statistic-tours' at the moment in our area. We love to make

a good placed multi more than those +1 tours but they are looking so bad on the map

when you did not make them, too.

So it is

have fun

there is a new 'series' recently been activated close to my town. this is a series of over 20 (24 i think) in a 6 or so mile walk. it could be done in a few hours and then you could move on to another series.

i suppose if you planned it and were purely out to cache you could hit high numbers - we're not into that.

C

A few weeks ago I hosted a mini cache machine. We found close to 30 caches in 2 1/2 hours. If I had made it a half or full day we could have hit 50-100 all within a few miles of our starting point.

The most I've found in a single day is 35. I've been close to hitting that number a couple other times but it does take some effort (and time).