Garmin Rino 530 & Premium Question

FreeCuba

I paid $30 thinking I was going to be able to go completely paperless but it seems that is not the case. I was under the impression that with my Garmin Rino 530 I would be able to see full descriptions and hints loaded into my GPS. If that doesn't happen what good is Premium membership?

I am happy to help the Geocaching website with my $30 but I want to be able to truly go caching without paper.

Help!

why exactly are you blaming GC and the Premium Membership for the shortcomings of your GPS?

if you want to go truly paperless get a GPS that supports paperless geocaching

i have an Oregon550 and i am 100% paperless, i get hints, logs, full description, the works

Edited by t4e

I have a Rino 530hcx, and an Oregon 450. One benefit of the 530 along with premium membership is the ability to do Pocket Queries, and load all of your local caches to the GPS. No paperless. I used to use my phone for the cache page, or hints if I needed them. Otherwise, I'd just go looking for a cache!!

I gotta admit, I haven't picked up the 530 but once, since I've gotten my Oregon though.

I have a Rino 530hcx, and an Oregon 450. One benefit of the 530 along with premium membership is the ability to do Pocket Queries, and load all of your local caches to the GPS. No paperless. I used to use my phone for the cache page, or hints if I needed them. Otherwise, I'd just go looking for a cache!!

I gotta admit, I haven't picked up the 530 but once, since I've gotten my Oregon though.

Feel free to donate the 530 in my direction :) seeing as how I cache primarily with my phone. I have a garmin geko but I think I'm gonna use it as a FTF swag prize.