Spring Time

Mekle

As of yesterday, spring is officially here!

A while back, Nepo Kama and I started to think about the coming spring, and what (besides geocaching) we were looking forward to. He and I are fortunate enough to live only a short drive away from the annual Tulip Festival in Washington, and we both enjoy taking our families up to witness the fields and fields of blooming tulips became part of the inspiration for this coin.

Here is the Antique Silver version:

5548873305_97cb605d37.jpg5548872991_bdb591d44f.jpg

There is also an Antique Gold version available, but we don't currently have any hi-res photos.

This coin is trackable on geocaching.com, and has it's own icon.

You can find this coin now at http://www.geoswag.com/

Great coin. My tulips are up but not yet blooming.

With still 2 ft of snow on the ground, no tulips in sight around here :anibad:

Very nice coin indeed!

I guess I'm lucky then! All our snow is gone out of the back yard, the only snow left is the big plies in the mall parking lot etc. My garden has all sorts of buds coming up - but the new puppy has taken to eating them!! <_< ! KDT put up a taller fence and hopefully that will keep her out.

Beautiful coin by the way! :ph34r:

They are Beautiful. However I have a few basic questions that I cannot find answers for? Would someone please indulge me? I think they are actually too basic to be normally posted on this forum.

-All the Geocoins I have found are trackables and I have sent them on their way......do some people keep them, or are the "collectors" purchasing them?

-If I wanted to get Geocoin trackable is there a good chance that someone will keep it for "their" collection and not sned it on for others to enjoy?

-are all Geocoins trackables or are some just to collect or to put in a cache for the surprise of others?

Thank you to whoever answers this beginners questions.

jayhawksrus6 -

I'm sure there's a topic that discusses this so I'll be brief so as not to hijack this topic.

-All the Geocoins I have found are trackables and I have sent them on their way......do some people keep them, or are the "collectors" purchasing them?

Anything that's found in a cache should be moved and not kept unless "it" says otherwise, like some FTF prizes. Unfortunately some people do "steal" coins out of caches. Yes "collectors" purchase and trade coins.

-If I wanted to get Geocoin trackable is there a good chance that someone will keep it for "their" collection and not sned it on for others to enjoy?

Yes, unfortunately that is a possibility.

-are all Geocoins trackables or are some just to collect or to put in a cache for the surprise of others?

Not all geocoins are trackable, but any can be placed in caches to share, and any can be collected if you "own" it.