Forums crashing Firefox?

I apologize if this isn't the appropriate place to post, but today every time I visit these forums in Firefox 4 RC 1 (yes I know this is beta software) the browser crashes. No error comes up - I just get "Mozilla Firefox has encountered an error - restart or quit." I've been using FF4 for a week and this is the first time I have had this problem. Geocaching.com is fine, it's just the forums. Is anyone else having trouble with any version of Firefox? I don't want to downgrade if I don't have to. (I'm posting this in IE8.)

Do yourself a favor and move up to Chrome. Firefox use to be fast but now its starting to suck. I can click on FF, Chrome and IE in that order and Chrome and IE will load up and i can pull up additional pages on additional tabs before FF loads. As you mentioned you are using the beta so problems will occur.

I've been using Firefox for over a year now. I have not had any problems with forums or geocaching for several months. Have you tried the "Refresh button"? Make sure your sign on name shows up in the upper right. You could also sign out and sign back in.

I can't. Simply trying to visit any page on the forums crashes the browser. I'll try going to the Firefox support forums.

I'm not switching browsers.

I've been using FF4 for a week and this is the first time I have had this problem. Geocaching.com is fine, it's just the forums. Is anyone else having trouble with any version of Firefox?

I installed "Firefox Setup 4.0 RC 2.exe" just now to see if I could crash it. I've never gotten Firefox to crash, ever. So far, the Forums are fine.

The first issue was "AI Roboform" didn't install (it just did a sit & spin til I cancelled it). Firefox 4 probably eliminates the need for it anyway. 2nd issue, it looks like Google Chrome with its minimalist menus on the wrong side of the screen (yuck).

I have Greasemonkey, looks like it moved itself to the new Firefox, all I have is "GC-Vote" for it, which I don't use. Maybe having no plugins is the trick.

I have had problems with launching Firefox - it frequently stalls around the 27,480 K mark. Did a bit of research and the AVG Safe Search can be part of the problem. If you have that, disable then restart your browser. I have the step by step how-to - if you need it, let me now. I've also had problems with it not closing properly and hanging up in various spots around the web. Naughty Firefox!!

So I asked someone to translate that Bugzilla report for me into non-developer-speak and they said it was bad data in the cache, and upon clearing my cache the site is working again! I had tried everything but that - safe mode, all add-ons disabled. Something got corrupted somewhere. I am happily posting this from Firefox 4 RC 2. :)

Thanks for the suggestion and the offer of help popokiiti... I do have Avast and not AVG.

Edited by RainbowKat