Round Lake Campout

Poke'Frog

Last August, my son and I wanted to go camping at Round Lake in North Idaho, and grab the 19 caches in the area. However, each weekend we tried, the campground was booked solid. My computer was down at the time so I didn't see the listing for the Inland Empire Campout and Mini Cache Machine at Round Lake Campground (GC2CWJ7) until the day after the event when several people logged my caches as found on the way there. So, darn it, we missed it!! Did anyone in the North Idaho/Eastern Washington area also miss it and would be interested in a repeat? I am going to monitor the responses in this forum as well as hand out a sign up sheet at the St. Patrick's Day "Meet, Greet & Eat!! (GC2NYWZ) this Thursday....if there are enough interested parties, we'll try to get it set up! :grin:

I'm sorry that this is now a double post....I had this in the general forum as well as the NW Region forum to reach more people, but the moderator messed that up by moving the other one over here. I will see if I can delete the double post effect that they created.

I'm sorry that this is now a double post....I had this in the general forum as well as the NW Region forum to reach more people, but the moderator messed that up by moving the other one over here. I will see if I can delete the double post effect that they created.

The Northwest Forum is the right place for this, and will be seen by more of the locally interested folks. The General Forum is international, and few folks will know what/where your specific "Round Lake" is. Also, forum guidelines request that we don't duplicate posts across forums.

Thank you Team Misguided! I apologize for my forum faux pas!! Now maybe I can get real replies in regard to the topic rather than people telling me where I should have put the post! LOL!! Let's hear from those of you who are interested in another Round Lake Campout!

Poke'Frog-

How did sign-ups go at the St. Patty's Meet and Greet? Do you think you have enough interested people?

Ummmm.....yeah.....I forgot to do it! LOL!! I'm sorry!! I was out hiking the Dishman Hills Reserve with Wiildrose, GSFirelfy and RLDrosphila and was so exahausted by the time we got to the event that I forgot all about handing out the sign-up sheet!! So now I'm going to have to e-mail everyone I can think of. However, Wiildrose said that they are already going to do it again- I think Antiqueman did it last year so I need to get a hold of him and see if it's already in the works. I'll keep you posted!

Poke'Frog-

How did sign-ups go at the St. Patty's Meet and Greet? Do you think you have enough interested people?

Ummmm.....yeah.....I forgot to do it! LOL!! I'm sorry!! I was out hiking the Dishman Hills Reserve with Wiildrose, GSFirelfy and RLDrosphila and was so exahausted by the time we got to the event that I forgot all about handing out the sign-up sheet!! So now I'm going to have to e-mail everyone I can think of. However, Wiildrose said that they are already going to do it again- I think Antiqueman did it last year so I need to get a hold of him and see if it's already in the works. I'll keep you posted!

Hahaha...that can happen:) Hopefully, you got tons of caches! Also, did you have a date in mind for the camp-out and how many people are you shooting for? Anyways, thanks for the update:)

Hi to everyone who may be interested!

I'm sorry it's taken me a while to get back to planning this.....busy, busy, busy! LOL! FYI: Antiqueman is putting together a campout this year, but not at Round Lake. However, he has offered to help me with it since I have absolutely NO IDEA where to start! LOL! So, Antiqueman and I are meeting this Thursday to chat about it....I'll keep you all posted!! Please help me spread the word so we can get more people interested in attending!!

Cuidate, Poke'Frog

Hahaha...that can happen:) Hopefully, you got tons of caches! Also, did you have a date in mind for the camp-out and how many people are you shooting for? Anyways, thanks for the update:)

I was thinking sometime in August because up here, that is about the only month that is almost guaranteed nice weather! I don't know a number of people yet....help me spread the word please because only two people of responded that they would be interested!

I would be interested in maybe hanging out and maybe even camping. I live a few miles from Round lake. We are new to Geo Caching. I don't know if you are dead set on Round Lake but there are plenty of camping areas.

Hello Tadpole, we'd love to see you at the campout! We are set on Round Lake, as we have been wanting to camp there and grab those caches. I've been posting on Inland Empire Geocaching's Facebook wall to find a date that works for people, but no date has worked for those responding there. I was thinking August 19th and 20th....I may still do it then if it works for those of you who have responded to my forum topic. So everyone who is interested: does this date work for you?

I was thinking August 19th and 20th....I may still do it then if it works for those of you who have responded to my forum topic. So everyone who is interested: does this date work for you?

I won't be at the campout, but wanted to note that that's the weekend of Groundspeak's Block Party mega-event and the Going APE event.

Edited by hydnsek

I was thinking August 19th and 20th....I may still do it then if it works for those of you who have responded to my forum topic. So everyone who is interested: does this date work for you?

I won't be at the campout, but wanted to note that that's the weekend of Groundspeak's Block Party mega-event and the Going APE event.

Yes, Hydnsek, I was aware of that, but thank you for the reminder! :-) For anyone who was going to either of those events, I was also throwing around the date of August 26-27 if anyone thinks that will work better!

Ok everyone, this is what I've decided on:

August 26th and 27th at Round Lake State Park in Sagle, Id. There will be a potluck at 6:00 pm on Friday, the 26th and then we will geocache around the lake starting at 10:00 am Saturday, the 27th. That way folks can either camp two nights with us or go home after geocaching on Saturday. I have submitted the event cache so it should be published soon - GC2X75K - hope to see you all there!!