Puzzle Cache Help

We would be most appreciative for any help anyone can give us with the following puzzles caches:

1. It's All Greek To Me (GC2M826);

2. The Ancient Scroll (GC2MH27); and

3. Pigginshaw's Parchment (GC2PETZ).

We would really like to know what the solution is and just how to solve them. We have tried many different methods but we have drawn massive blanks.

Thanks in advance and happy caching!!!

Get ready to be told it's "bad taste" to ask for help on puzzles on an open forum lol. I personally see no issue with reaching out. Good luck with the puzzles!

Personally, I think the "ask for help" part is fine. I just hope that anyone who wants to help will reply through the OP's profile, and not post puzzle solutions in a public forum.

Sometimes figuring out the type of puzzle and how to solve it IS the puzzle in and of itself.

...and yes its generally considered bad form to ask for help in solving specific puzzles in the forum.

Have you asked the owner for some gentle hints - that is where help should come from - if they are willing.

Good luck on them!!

It is considered inappropriate to post spoilers, solutions, or tips on specific puzzle caches here. The problem is that the spoilers, solutions, and tips remain online and searchable for the life of the cache. If you want to work on a puzzle with someone else, then it's better to discuss it in a more private way (as dfx has offered to do).

With that said, here are some general tips:

A while back, The Rat offered a puzzle-solving class as an event cache. His slides are available here:

http://thegba.net/resources/general_information.php

Among the tips he offered:

Identify the theme. Check the cache title, the hint, the HTML source, the graphics (including names/URLs), any links (including URLs), whatever is at the posted coordinates, etc. If you can figure out the theme, then you should look for numbering systems that are associated with that theme (zip codes, area codes, telephone keypads, episode numbers, etc.).

Around here, coordinates will have 15 digits, and will look like "N 37° xx.xxx W 122° xx.xxx". So when I'm solving a nearby puzzle, I look for a group of 15 things, and then I look for ways to get the digits 37xxxxx122xxxxx from them. In general, I look for ways to get the number 37 (or the digits 3 and 7) from something near the beginning of the puzzle, and the number 122 (or the digits 1, 2, and 2) from something near the middle of the puzzle. (Of course, you'll need to adjust this for the coordinates near you.)

Other useful resources include:

Puzzle Solving 101 Series (bookmark list)

Solving Puzzle Caches (online article)

How Do I Solve All These $@! Puzzle Caches? (tutorial-style puzzle cache)

Puzzle FUNdamentals (archived event cache) and the Puzzle FUNdamentals resources on the GeocacheAlaska! education page

The GBA's Puzzle Cache FAQ (for puzzle designers, but useful for understanding how puzzle caches work)

Get ready to be told it's "bad taste" to ask for help on puzzles on an open forum lol. I personally see no issue with reaching out. Good luck with the puzzles!

Personally, I think the "ask for help" part is fine. I just hope that anyone who wants to help will reply through the OP's profile, and not post puzzle solutions in a public forum.

Agreed. Asking for help really does no harm. Replying in a searchable public forum where anyone can see the solution is bad form.

It's possible that the cache owner might see the request and send a direct message with a hint to the OP.

Someone else may have encountered the same puzzle and respond directly to the OP with an offer to team up and try to solve the puzzle.