Charter Member vs Premium Member

drpepper

I know people might say I'm dumb for bringing this up........but was just wondering. As soon as charter memberships were available I signed up for an annual subscription. Then I received a renewal notice today and promptly renewed for another year. When you view my profile page it used to say "Charter Member" and now it says "Premium Member." Is this a subscription renewal flaw or are there no longer charter members and everyone is called premium?

Thanks!

I have noticed some saying Premium, but I just figured that meant the Charter period was over and anyone new to sign up would be Premium. I though Charter members would keep the Charter "title". Mine still says Charter, but I haven't had to renew yet.

Just because you're paranoid DOESN'T mean they're not ALL out to get you.

Got my renewal notice with 6 days to spare. Allowing for snail mail and sending my payment tomorrow that gives 4 days to get my payment in before I go plebe.

Because I don't auto pay by paypal I've heard rumors that I won't be "Premium" only "Charter".

Worse I won't be vested in my lower price...

But maybe it's just a rumor.

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Worse I won't be vested in my lower price...

The pricing change hasn't happened yet. As long as your subscription is current at the time of the increase, you'll be grandfathered in at the current rate.

-Elias

quote:
Originally posted by BrownMule:

Charter= Joined in first 11 months

Premium= Joined after first 11 months

Difference in options= Nothing, zippo, zilch.

Join and have fun.

Are you guessing or was there some announcement about this? icon_confused.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:

The pricing change hasn't happened yet. As long as your subscription is current at the time of the increase, you'll be grandfathered in at the current rate.

-Elias

That is good news. I don't auto pay anything in my life, and while I use paypal for many things, I don't trust them to allow auto pay. I am very glad to hear that as long as I keep current the price will stay grandfathered