No pocket queries?

arrowroot

I try to get my pocket queries on Friday, so I can cache on Saturday with that data... but the last time my GPX arrived after I left the office, where I have my Palm cradle.

So I changed the query to Thu and Fri, expecting to change it to just Thu once I was sure it was working. But no GPX file on Thu, and Friday was getting late... so I added Sat.

Sat's here, and still no pocket query. What gives? I am sending it to a Hotmail address, and they're notorious for eating and bouncing messages, but I'm getting some mail there.

Anyone else having problems?

I am Arrowroot, son of Arrowshirt. I have many names, you know

I ran it again with the GPX file emailed directly to me, and I received it with no problems. Sounds like it may be an email delivery issue.

In the future I'll allow people to download them directly from their "my cache page" to get around the email issues.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

I just went though the server logs from Thursday noon through noon today and the *average* delivery time per e-mail for Hotmail was almost 28 hours. icon_eek.gif All other mail gets delivered instantly.

It looks like Hotmail throttles inbound connections pretty heavily - the more mail in queue for Hotmail, the longer the delay time.

I'm not quite sure what to do about this at the moment, but I'll work on it. Given the enormous volume of mail we send out on a daily basis (not to mention Thursday's New Cache notification e-mail) and that 13% of all active accounts on Geocaching.com are Hotmail, this problem is only going to get worse fast.

I'll post an update here when I come up with something.

-Elias