New Dakota 20

I have been using a Legend Hcx for years and just bought a Dakota 20 for paperless.

How do you change a cache to FOUND?

How do you delete a cache?

When I write a cache to the Dakota the website asks if I want it written to the Dakota or the microSD, which one should I use?

I have read the whole owners manual, as far as geocaching is concerned, it sucks.

I have been using a Legend Hcx for years and just bought a Dakota 20 for paperless.

How do you change a cache to FOUND?

Press "Log attempt", then "Found"

How do you delete a cache?

You can't delete them individually. Load a new *.gpx file and the old ones are forgotten, effectively deleting the "founds".

When I write a cache to the Dakota the website asks if I want it written to the Dakota or the microSD, which one should I use?

I have read the whole owners manual, as far as geocaching is concerned, it sucks.

Send the cache anywhere you like. Most of us send them to the unit and save the SD card for maps.

Frankly, if you're not using Pocket Queries instead of poking the "Send to GPS" button for most caches, you're losing out on one of the best features of your premium membership.

Try the Oregon Wiki. It pretty well matches the Dakota and would have answered all of the above questions:

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com

and for paperless stuff in particular

http://garminoregon.....com/Geocaching

Edited by ecanderson

I agree with you about the geocaching section of the manual--very poor with little information. I used a Legend Cx for years and there are several features on that unit that Garmin should have included on the Dakota.