Emailing a user

HartClimbs

Ok, this is probably a RTFM question - but I used to be able to click on a username in the message boards and go to their profile (where I could email them).

Now, a new type of profile comes up which doesn't have the 'email user' selection. If I look the user up from GC.COM, the 'old' profile shows up, but my (ridiculously easy) question is:

'What's the quickest way to drop an email to someone from the posting boards?'

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.... Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

Helen Keller (1880 - 1968), The Open Door (1957)

Check you e-mail. I e-mailed you from your profile straight from this message board. I don't know if it was fixed since you wrote that, or if I am confused about what you meant, but it seems to have worked for me.

Night Hunter

usacoolflag.gif

If Wyle E. Coyote could afford all that ACME stuff... Why didn't he just buy DINNER?

You can get to the old profile by adding the person to your contacts. Which can be done from the New profiles. But I think TPTB are working on getting the profiles back to the *Old setup.

* Im mean as they were prior to the most recent forum changeover.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

Thanks. The technique Welch describes is the way I was doing it (adding the person as a contact - then clicking on the contact). Sounds like it's already being addressed.

Hopefully it'll be back to where you can email directly off the forum.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.... Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

Helen Keller (1880 - 1968), The Open Door (1957)

Any update on this? The old system worked fine: I dislike all the steps I have to go through to contact a cacher now. I use the "find" function to search for their posts in the forums and click on their name when the search is complete. This takes me to their old profile page and I can email them from there.

Sheesh!

And please, can we have the old profile pages back? They're much nicer to look at than the new "listy" ones...

Published experts (1, 2) say with certainty that critical situations will arise which are totally unexpected.

I have found that when I use an old browser at work, Netscape 4.6, I go straight to the geocaching profile. but when I use my computer at home with IE 7.? I get the new way of doing it.

Should we all use old browsers?

Night Hunter

usacoolflag.gif

If Wyle E. Coyote could afford all that ACME stuff... Why didn't he just buy DINNER?

quote:
Originally posted by Night Hunter:

I have found that when I use an old browser at work, Netscape 4.6, I go straight to the geocaching profile. but when I use my computer at home with IE 7.? I get the new way of doing it.

Can you see the 'new' forums with your old browser??

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

I can read them and post to them, and they look a lot different with my old browser. It kinda looks like a combination of the old and new boards

My instant UBBCode does not work, so I cannot post images or links.

Strange

Night Hunter

usacoolflag.gif

If the "new" forums think your browser can't support it (like Netscape 4.x), they revert back to the "old" interface.

The profile bug is in the "new" forum software, and beyond GC.com's control. Hopefully InfoPop will fix it soon.

Both of these things have been answered quite a few times already elswhere.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.