New GPSmap 60CSx

It is a fine unit for Geocaching right out of the box.

Start by getting EasyGPS on your PC for uploading caches to it in batches.

First install the USb Garmin Drivers on your PC. On any listing page you can transfer the waypoint to your unit.

Ithink I uploaded all the drivers, since I installed the 'Trip and Waypoint Manager" CD that came with the GPSer. Correct?

Hey all,

I've got a new GPSmap 60SCx, anyone have links to help tutorials as to how to use this with Geocaching.com? On the literature it shows a Geocaching icon. Do I need to download the software to it? I'm under the impression this is a good one and I'd like to get max use out of it. Any suggestions appreciated :)

The receiver on the 60CSx is awesome! There is one drawback though. It is not paperless so you'll still want to carry your Android.

I used my 60CSx for about 3 years and still love it!

Although I've upgraded to the Oregon 400, 550 and now the 62s.

There is a great GSAK Macro for the 60CSx that will allow you to create a POI database which can help with the paperless aspect but it's clunky and can get annoying.

If you don't already have it, I really have to recommend picking up GSAK and using that to manage your database, especially when you gt into puzzle caching. It's well worth the $30.

You create databases based on PQ's you download from geocaching.com and manipulate, filter, edit etc.. in GSAK before sending to the 60CSx (or just about any of the modern GPS's)

Feel free to drop me a note from my profile if you have more questions. We're going to be around all weekend.

Hey all,

I've got a new GPSmap 60SCx, anyone have links to help tutorials as to how to use this with Geocaching.com? On the literature it shows a Geocaching icon. Do I need to download the software to it? I'm under the impression this is a good one and I'd like to get max use out of it. Any suggestions appreciated :)

The receiver on the 60CSx is awesome! There is one drawback though. It is not paperless so you'll still want to carry your Android.

I used my 60CSx for about 3 years and still love it!

Although I've upgraded to the Oregon 400, 550 and now the 62s.

There is a great GSAK Macro for the 60CSx that will allow you to create a POI database which can help with the paperless aspect but it's clunky and can get annoying.

If you don't already have it, I really have to recommend picking up GSAK and using that to manage your database, especially when you gt into puzzle caching. It's well worth the $30.

You create databases based on PQ's you download from geocaching.com and manipulate, filter, edit etc.. in GSAK before sending to the 60CSx (or just about any of the modern GPS's)

Feel free to drop me a note from my profile if you have more questions. We're going to be around all weekend.

Thanks, Zop!

It's cool that you saw this and have experience with this unit! I actually downloaded GSAK about a month ago. It is clunky. And the learning curve is pretty steep. Janet asked me about it and I was all "Don't ask me about this for another six months!" Haha. Yeah, there's a lot to learn. Hey, would you and Julie feel like coming over for a spaghetti dinner sometime on a weekend? BTW - I'm sorry... what is your first name again? We BOTH apologize for that.

Mike