Use Blackberry for "paper" only?

cachyew

I have a decent GPS but it is not paperless, and will not be upgrading it soon. I currently make paper notes of the raitings, size/type, hints. I have a Verizon BB Curve 3G 9330, and it's great for communicating and only bearible for the web if need be and time is not a factor. I'm wondering if there is a way to download/transfer ONLY the raitings, size/type, hints to the BB to act as the paperless part. I don't want all the other features that are built in with the software(s) and shure don't want to wait for a web page to load each time to see the information I'd like.

I use my BB with Trimble Geocache Navigator mostly for the purpose you describe. I use an eXplorist 500 for my main gps and only open TGN if I get stuck and need cache page information. It doesn't really take that long to load up. It will also let me know if there are any caches in the area that I failed to load into the eXplorist. In addition, it is sometimes more accurate than the eXplorist if I am having trouble finding a cache.