GeoCoin Challenge Forms

cadagirl

According to that website, you have to find the caches first, then turn in the form to get the challenge coin.

When they finish finding the required geocaches, they turn in the completed form for a coin. Forms can be found at www.geocaching.org, print the form, find 10 geocaches, and turn the form in at the Canby Area Chamber for your special coin. On weekends coins can be picked up at Canby Pub & Grill, 211 N. Grant St.

However, that link doesn't work. I don't think it's supposed to be .org, at the bottom they have geocaching.com.

Try writing to contact at geocaching dot com and asking them if they know of a form for this. The challenges are sponsored by the people you listed. You could ask them, too.

if you mean challenges that are managed here in the forums, then just scroll through and look for the word "challenge"

- - - -

if you mean local/regional challenges with prizes, see the following . . .

there are many "challenges" that have been set up, with geocoin(s) as prizes

these are generally private efforts, not sponsored by Groundspeak

for example, there is the "Allegheny Geotrail"

ten counties in north-east Pennsylvania

at least ten participating geocaches in each county

find six in the same county, get a geocoin for that county

it is sponsored by a regional chamber of commerce

they provide a "passport", and each geocache has a unique stamp

when you find a participating geocache, you stamp your passport

other such challenges have other sponsors, other rules, and other ways of verifying your finds and ways to claim your prize

there is no standard "form" or central organization that manages or promotes these challenges

at one time, there was a thread in this forum that attemped to list all know challenges

you may want to try and see if you can find that

many of them have expired by now, but new ones are probably being created on a regular basis

Thanks Bhob. I appreciate your answer. The specific challenges I was looking at just listed geocaching.com as the location for a form. I found the form I was looking for on the cache page for the challenge with the help of Great Scott!

Post the link of the challenge you are taking on! You never know...we are always up for an adventure :laughing: