Garmin Maps for 60CSx

And why do you think they are not loading? Are you getting a message saying they are not installing? On the gps are you going into Setup/map/ and highlight the "i" towards the top and then hit menu and scroll down to the map you installed and hit enter if it says "show xxx map", xxx being whatever map you installed.

Edited by IBcrashen

How are you trying to transfer the maps to the GPS. If you are just copying the map to the memory card with the GPS in mass storage mode then you must place it in the Garmin folder with the name "gmapsupp.img". It must have this name for it to work and you can only have one of these at a time. If you are installing the map into Basecamp/Roadtrip (I recommend Basecamp as it is much faster to load and pan maps) then you need to install it onto the gps using map install which will be installed when you install Basecamp/Roadtrip. You should not have the gps in mass storage mode if you are transfering the map using map install. What format is the map when you download it from gps file depot and what is it called?

If you are downloading the mac version of the Georgia topo, the installer that you download does NOT install the map onto your gps but installs it onto Basecamp/Roadtrip on your mac. If you don't already have one of these, I recommend downloading and installing Basecamp as I have found it to be faster than Roadtrip. This will also install a program called map install. This is the program you need to actually transfer the map to your gps. Once you have installed Basecamp and then the map, open map install, choose your gps from the list (it will probably be the only one), then select the tiles you want to install from the map by dragging over them so that they become highlighted, then click send maps to install them onto your gps. When your gps restarts, the maps will be installed and should be visible on the maps page. If not make sure they are enabled my pressing menu, selecting setup map, selecting the "i", pressing menu and selecting show all.

Hope this helps. :laughing: