Archived in PQs?

TheWinterTrio

Hi, I'm having an issue where I'm not getting some Archived caches in my PQs. I've seen this in about 5 or 6 cases so far. The Caches matches all the other requirements of the PQ, it's just not there...

I have opened the PQ in notepad and searched for the cache, and double checked the PQ to make sure it should be there...

Anything I can do to troubleshoot this further?

I've started sorting everything by the date I last had a GPX file for it, so I can check out the older ones.. (I run a series of PQs every week on the areas I want, so I keep them up2date..)

Thanks.

-TWT

Hi, I'm having an issue where I'm not getting some Archived caches in my PQs. I've seen this in about 5 or 6 cases so far. The Caches matches all the other requirements of the PQ, it's just not there...

I have opened the PQ in notepad and searched for the cache, and double checked the PQ to make sure it should be there...

Anything I can do to troubleshoot this further?

I've started sorting everything by the date I last had a GPX file for it, so I can check out the older ones.. (I run a series of PQs every week on the areas I want, so I keep them up2date..)

Thanks.

-TWT

Are you trying to get your finds? If so don't use a regular PQ, instead use the MyFinds PQ.

Are you trying to get your finds? If so don't use a regular PQ, instead use the MyFinds PQ.

Thanks... I'm trying to keep my GSAK database up2date so I don't go after any archived caches.. I searched on the GSAK forum and found the same info presented here... Seems silly not to include them, but I guess that's the way it is... I installed a Macro to help keep track..

Thanks.

-TWT

Thanks... I'm trying to keep my GSAK database up2date so I don't go after any archived caches.. I searched on the GSAK forum and found the same info presented here... Seems silly not to include them, but I guess that's the way it is... I installed a Macro to help keep track..

Not really. Since they no longer exist, no reason to include them. Do a search here or on GSAK's site, there are many simple ways to identify them and get rid of caches that are no in your DB.

Thanks... I'm trying to keep my GSAK database up2date so I don't go after any archived caches..

I use the following method :

1. Download set of PQ to completely update all caches in my default GSAK DB. This takes 2 days due to # of PQs needed.

2. Sort by "Date of last GPX" in GSAK

3. Those that haven't been updated gets double checked. Easiest way is to press F9. If you're unsure, open up the cache page to triple check.

You can do a variation of this : clear all user flags, and when importing GPX, ask GSAK to mark the waypoints. Then check those with user flags not set.

The reason I don't nuke my GSAK DB and recreate it from fresh GPX is because I want to keep my notes and corrected coordinates for solved puzzles not found by me. I also like to keep an incomplete list of geocaches archived but not found by me.