First Cache to be Muggled!

LizzyHoops

Usually.... it's the place the cache is hidden in.

I hid a rusty Altoids mint tin with a soggy piece of paper for a logsheet in a park under a giant rock.

It was stolen.

I replaced it with another mint tin and piece of paper. It was stolen again.

I replaced it with yet another mint tin and piece of paper. It was stolen again.

I replaced it one more time with another mint tin and piece of paper. It was stolen again.

I gave up.

Sorry your cache got stolen.

Try a more secluded spot. Try a members only hide.

No matter how careful we are - some spots just turn out to be bad spots.

I once hid one in a very rural area that went missing twice in about 3 months time period. When I went out to rehide a third container in a slightly new position, I saw what was happening. A local rancher herded his cattle down the road and over this area regularly. The cattle were just kicking the containers along and smashing them into bits. Challenges of hiding caches out on the plains and prairie.

Sorry; looked like a nice cache.

Noticed it was close to the road, not far into the woods. Maybe a little too close to the road and/or trail in an area frequented by muggles?

That's the trade off with caches that are quick, convenient and easy to find.

You might want to try a multi, with the last stage far into the woods. You'll get a LOT fewer finds though.

Or, hide another one that is quick and easy to find, and hope for the best. By the way, my wife much prefers the quick and easy ones!