Field Notes

Fuzzy B

:)-->

QUOTE(Fuzzy B @ Nov 13 2010, 10:54 PM) 4531319[/snapback]

Older logged Caches are reappearing months after they have been logged and deleted from

my GPSr"s, that's when trying to download new field notes. The old and new show on my field notes when go to them. Delete everything and try again, same thing. Any idea's out there ??

Are you deleting your old field notes file from your GPS every time? If you don't actually delete the file your GPS will add newer finds to the existing file, so each time you upload it you get the full history uploaded.

Like keehotee noted, if you delete your old field notes file from your GPSr, this shouldn't happen.

Another thing - when you log a cache through field notes, you MUST click on "compose log". If you click on the cache name, and log from there, the field notes entry is not deleted.

I just tested logging through field notes today (last couple of weeks have been slow caching weeks, not worth the effort of using field notes). Everything worked as expected.

i had the field notes file reappear on me several times too. i always delete the file off the oregon after i've logged online (my scripts do that, so i can't forget). occasionally, the next time i'm logging the previous entries would have reappeared in the file.

i don't know if this is an effect of filesystem changes not being committed properly to the flash storage (i always unmount the oregon properly before disconnecting it) or if the contents are somehow regenerated.