Ok help please re TB in shop window

ayrbrain

I know last night I managed to log a TB I discovered on a car...........but......... I have slept since then and cannot remember what to do!!!!!!! ............ i have looked at the trackable part of the site and it just tells me the number isn't logged on the system,,,,,,,, I am sure I wrote it down correctly (it was in a shop window) I kept looking at it and double checked it,,.... help please how the heck did i log the one last night???????

I am putting in the code that was beneath the symbol for the TB in the window.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr wish i could remember how I did it, even reading the info on the site doesn;t tell me how to log a discovery or do i have my thick head on AGAIN !!

many thanks

Are you using a O instead of a 0 ? I believe that zero is used in TB tracking numbers but not letter O.

If it's not that and you're sure you've copied the rest correctly then I don't know what to suggest. Somewhere further down this forum you'll see a topic by minpin who recently had a similar problem with a TB which is activated and has been moved but they are getting "not in the system" when they enter the tracking number.

I think BlueDeuce is on the case... He might be able to comment further when he returns here.

MrsB :laughing:

Are you using a O instead of a 0 ? I believe that zero is used in TB tracking numbers but not letter O.

If it's not that and you're sure you've copied the rest correctly then I don't know what to suggest. Somewhere further down this forum you'll see a topic by minpin who recently had a similar problem with a TB which is activated and has been moved but they are getting "not in the system" when they enter the tracking number.

I think BlueDeuce is on the case... He might be able to comment further when he returns here.

No zero in the code I have tried all combinations with no luck. I was wondering if I am putting in the code in the correct area, I scroll down on the tracking page to near the bottom and type in the code and that is when i get the message that it is not on the system. Someone told me about this one in a shop window last night so I assume it has been there for a while and they have probably logged it online when they spotted it. I saw the TB in the shop window this morning and I am sure I copied it down correctly.

thanks anayway

The one with all those wiggly legs?

I wonder if OP remembered to log in?

Would that not 'cancel' the discover, since site wouldn't know who to credit.

Doug 7rxc

:lol: I remember standing and looking at the TB sign and writing it down then looking again to check, but hey maybe I wrote it down wrong grrrrrrr :laughing:

I will have another look at the weekend, oh and I so wanted to log it :lol:

i want to catch up with other folk :lol:

one day ......one day :lol: watch this space :)

I'm quite interested to know why there's a TB in a shop window - it's rather unusual.

Maybe the shop owner is a geocacher?

Do report back and let us know!

Yes... and I'd like to know what kind of a shop... if they are suppliers of Geocaching stuff, it might be a dummy!

To the OP: I was serious about logging in to GC first... Way back, I used to forget to do that and not much worked!

Now I log in... but I still forget things... sigh!

Doug 7rxc

Has it been activated? If not, it may not show up in the system.

Just a WAG on my part.

I was told there was a TB in this shop window by someone who is a Geochacher, so when i was along in that area I looked and spotted it in the window. It is a cafe.

i have tried all ways to put in the code, but I will look again at it in the window at the weekend in case I did write it down wrong, but I stood and cheched it before I went away.

Just back from a geocaching couple of hours. Whilst out we checked the code in the shop window for the TB. ...........Yep I have written it down correctly. But still it is showing as not in the system. So I am stuck, well and truly :unsure:

Huby just aasked am I putting the code in the correct place, I think so. :D

Certainly is confusing, but one more question about the TB: Is it a standard metal TB tag, or a clear plastic window tag? If it's the latter, are you *sure* you're looking at it from the right direction?? I ask because my vehicle window TB # (the plastic cling-type) is all letters that are reversible (W,T,H,X, etc.). Several of my caching buddies have had problems logging it as the door was open when they recorded the letters (or I was *in* the car when I read them).

Just a thought.

Certainly is confusing, but one more question about the TB: Is it a standard metal TB tag, or a clear plastic window tag? If it's the latter, are you *sure* you're looking at it from the right direction?? I ask because my vehicle window TB # (the plastic cling-type) is all letters that are reversible (W,T,H,X, etc.). Several of my caching buddies have had problems logging it as the door was open when they recorded the letters (or I was *in* the car when I read them).

Just a thought.

THAT is a good thought... I know people driving often take plate numbers off of tailgaters using their mirrors..

same thing but worse... They know to reverse the numbers to read properly, but forget that the mirror changes the sequence... what they read as the first character is actually the last...

Front plates read from passenger side to driver, when you look in the mirror, it looks like driver to passenger if you just turn the numbers right side around...

I've known many police who can't make the change either... from what was reported by the dispatcher... so nothing ever happens except frustration.

Doug 7rxc

I'm quite interested to know why there's a TB in a shop window - it's rather unusual.

Maybe the shop owner is a geocacher?

Do report back and let us know!

MrsB :blink:

Yes... and I'd like to know what kind of a shop... if they are suppliers of Geocaching stuff, it might be a dummy!

That was my thought too: If it's a Millets or a Blacks outdoorsy shop, they were involved in a geocaching promotion a couple of years back. Is it possible the TB is just a shop window 'fake' used for advertising?

We need more details!

MrsB :huh:

It could also be that it was never activated, so you won't be able to log it. Stop in and ask them. Is the car for sale?

I

Yes it is the correct way around and a static cling in their window. 2 of us checked it, I have thought of calling in next time in that area, just tried again with no luck to log it, so maybe they haven't activated it.

strange to have it in the window but not activated.

As someone mentioned, it could be a "dummy" if they sell geocaching supplies. you said it has the TB image on it, so it's definitely a Geocaching Travel Bug, right. So, next time you go there, ask about it. You'll have a story to tell, about how persistent you had to be to actually log it!

As someone mentioned, it could be a "dummy" if they sell geocaching supplies. you said it has the TB image on it, so it's definitely a Geocaching Travel Bug, right. So, next time you go there, ask about it. You'll have a story to tell, about how persistent you had to be to actually log it!

Just done a night time geocach tonight, so I mentioned the TB in the shop window, the person organising the event is going to call in to the shop to ask them to activate it, they are apparently new to geocaching as well.