Found a TB on a car

ayrbrain

ok tonight with help I found a TB on a car, my first :)

I have the TB number

but what do I do now?

I went to the trackable site and put in the TB number.......ok

I clicked on "log it/discover it" on the RH side of the page

It then asks for tracking code......now is this the code from the bug on the car or the ref number that came up when i put in the code from the car.

desperate to log my new find :)

thanks for any help

You'll want to do a Discover on the tracking number that you got from the car.

The reference number won't allow people to log it. You would use that number when you want to refer to it, like in a cache log. That prevents people from logging it without having found it.

Edited by BlueDeuce

You'll want to do a Discover on the tracking number that you got from the car.

The reference number won't allow people to log it. You would use that number when you want to refer to it, like in a cache log. That prevents people from logging it without having found it.

Thank you i see

So I log a discovery and use the number from the TB on the car.

many thanks

I'd never even dare ask -- my car TB has no visible number below the TB Bar Code, just a "Chirp" data radio transmitter and the yellow "Beacon" icon. :mad:

Aw dude, you didn't. Now I'm going to have to buy a chirp-capable receiver before I can log your car. :P

If you find my Chirp TB Car, and can't get the Chirp data, simply hang around til I come back to the car, and you can ask. :angry:

I'd like to be able to select my own "reference number" for a Travel Bug. Then I could use my license plate as the reference number. I'll try to at least add the TB reference number, so maybe people could add a note to my TB page, even without being able to get the tracking number.

I'd like to be able to select my own "reference number" for a Travel Bug. Then I could use my license plate as the reference number. I'll try to at least add the TB reference number, so maybe people could add a note to my TB page, even without being able to get the tracking number.

I'm sorry, but you cannot choose your reference, or tracking numbers.

ok tonight with help I found a TB on a car, my first :D

I have the TB number

but what do I do now?

I went to the trackable site and put in the TB number.......ok

I clicked on "log it/discover it" on the RH side of the page

It then asks for tracking code......now is this the code from the bug on the car or the ref number that came up when i put in the code from the car.

desperate to log my new find :mad:

thanks for any help

I guess you better take that car, and move it to another cache. ;) Don't forget to log it!

I'd never even dare ask -- my car TB has no visible number below the TB Bar Code, just a "Chirp" data radio transmitter and the yellow "Beacon" icon. :D

Aw dude, you didn't. Now I'm going to have to buy a chirp-capable receiver before I can log your car. :P

If you find my Chirp TB Car, and can't get the Chirp data, simply hang around til I come back to the car, and you can ask. :P

Just get a costom plate with your reference number.

Rather than buy the decal or cling, can I just use the number off a TB that I have that has not been activated for my car? I dont want the beetle, just the number. I would think most other cachers would know what the number is.

IMHO... you could use just the tracking number BUT.... since there are so many variations of TB numbers it won't be as apparent as you think.

Put the bug symbol on the car.

Rather than buy the decal or cling, can I just use the number off a TB that I have that has not been activated for my car? I dont want the beetle, just the number. I would think most other cachers would know what the number is.

IMHO... you could use just the tracking number BUT.... since there are so many variations of TB numbers it won't be as apparent as you think.

Put the bug symbol on the car.

Yep, unless you are telling people this is a tracking number you'll need some sort of identifier that it's a TB. The beetle image is easy enough or hey, make something up on your own that says 'This is a Travel Bug'.

If you already have a bug you don't have to purchase an online cling or decal.