Too many GPX files, now what

I have a Garmin colorado 400T for about 6 months. I've read the owners manual. I have been getting a message that says i have exceeded my gpx files storage. I do not know what those are, but how do I fix it?
Besides going to that Wiki, you may want to start considering the use of Pocket Queries instead of loading individual caches from each cache page. Instead of getting another *.gpx file for every cache, you'll get all of the caches in your area in a single *.gpx file. As a premium member, it's quite possibly the best part of the membership. I'm guessing that you haven't taken advantage of it yet, as that's one fast way to collect too many *.gpx files.

Link for instructions here --> http://support.Groundspeak.com//index.php?...page&id=118

I have a Garmin colorado 400T for about 6 months. I've read the owners manual. I have been getting a message that says i have exceeded my gpx files storage. I do not know what those are, but how do I fix it?
Besides going to that Wiki, you may want to start considering the use of Pocket Queries instead of loading individual caches from each cache page. Instead of getting another *.gpx file for every cache, you'll get all of the caches in your area in a single *.gpx file. As a premium member, it's quite possibly the best part of the membership. I'm guessing that you haven't taken advantage of it yet, as that's one fast way to collect too many *.gpx files.

Link for instructions here --> http://support.Groundspeak.com//index.php?...page&id=118

I was just gifted a premium membership last week, and tried to set up queries, but i think im doing something wrong. I have a file of them on GSAK but they are all ones i've found already. I need someone to show me what to do.

I was just gifted a premium membership last week, and tried to set up queries, but i think im doing something wrong. I have a file of them on GSAK but they are all ones i've found already. I need someone to show me what to do.

Try THIS.

It is really not that hard. I agree it is not very intuitive, but if you just try a bit, with an open mind, you will find that the pocket query generation is pretty straight forward, and GSAK (like all powerful programs) is as simple or hard as you want to make it. For simply aggregating a series of pocket queries (if you need/want more than 1000 caches), it is as simple as dragging and dropping the files into GSAK, and then exporting as a single gpx file.

It is really not that hard. I agree it is not very intuitive, but if you just try a bit, with an open mind, you will find that the pocket query generation is pretty straight forward, and GSAK (like all powerful programs) is as simple or hard as you want to make it. For simply aggregating a series of pocket queries (if you need/want more than 1000 caches), it is as simple as dragging and dropping the files into GSAK, and then exporting as a single gpx file.

dragging them from geocaching.com?

No - they show up as downloadable files on your Pocket Queries page once they've been generated by gc.com. Once you have them downloaded and unzipped, you use your PC to "drag and drop" the *.gpx onto the Garmin folder of your Oregon. GSAK can be a great tool to enhance the data before sending to your Oregon (I use it for that), but isn't absolutely necessary.

No - they show up as downloadable files on your Pocket Queries page once they've been generated by gc.com. Once you have them downloaded and unzipped, you use your PC to "drag and drop" the *.gpx onto the Garmin folder of your Oregon. GSAK can be a great tool to enhance the data before sending to your Oregon (I use it for that), but isn't absolutely necessary.

Careful with those instruction...the *.GPX files don't go in the d:\Garmin folder on the GPS, they go in the d:\Garmin\GPX folder.

:D

OK.... I'll give you another method.....

by the way....I love the comments by those who are great with computers who say "it's easy". :D

I actually logged into the chatroom that is listed on this geocaching site.... clayjar chat. There are usually a couple of folks in there that can help with questions. .... just a suggestion.

They helped me figure out how to work a couple of different gps units I have.