Buy My Travel Bugs!

lowracer

I have too many dang travel bugs! I went crazy one year and bought way too many.

Some are AWOL, the rest are active out in the field. Is there a way to transfer ownership? I own 16, but I now only want to track about 4 or 5.

Is it possible to sell them? I'm thinking I could take a paypal payment and then email the activation code to the new owner. Can this work? Can a bug be re-activated by a new owner?

Thanks,

-mark.

Hi, I still have all my bugs and I do not want any of them. Though I still enjoy caching, I simply haven't got time to deal with these travel bugs anymore. I have emailed contact@geocaching.com with no response.

I bought them, activated them, let them wander for a year out in the field, and now I simply want to give them to whoever finds them, and most importantly, get them off my page and stop receiving all those emails about their whereabouts.

Can anyone tell me how this may be accomplished? I have been emailing the activation code to anyone who finds a bug and emails me the tag number, but when I email them the activation code, they can't do anything with it. Is there some way I can de-activate a bug so they can re-activate it? Thanks very much!

-mark

aka "lowracer"

I appreciate all the offers to take my bugs off my hands and really I'd like to give them to you but you are all missing the point here.

There is no way I have found, nor can anyone tell me:

HOW DO I TRANSFER OWNERSHIP OF A TRAVEL BUG THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN ACTIVATED AND IS CURRENTLY OUT IN THE FIELD?

THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY TO RE-ACTIVATE A BUG TO ATTACH IT TO A NEW OWNER.

Sorry for shouting but it doesn't seem to be getting across any other way. When in doubt, SHOUT, I always say! icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by lowracer:

HOW DO I TRANSFER OWNERSHIP OF A TRAVEL BUG THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN ACTIVATED AND IS CURRENTLY OUT IN THE FIELD?

THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY TO RE-ACTIVATE A BUG TO ATTACH IT TO A NEW OWNER.

Once you activate a bug, it's yours permanently, unless you can convince TPTB to transfer your ownership to someone else. Try emailing Jeremy and see where that gets you.

Webfoot frog.gif

5307_800.jpg

Yeah, sure....but did he use a GPSr to find it?