My Finds Pocket Query wrong dates

rawkhopper

I was just looking at my stats generated by GSAK and noticed something peculiar. I looked and it said I had 6 finds on 10-10-10. I immediately thought something must be wrong with GSAK or one of the macros but after some exploring I noticed that the problem exists in the .gpx for the my finds query.

If I go to the site I see that I have 2 finds on 10-10-10. I go to check my preference date and it is set correctly at eastern time in the USA.

Anyone know how to fix this issue. Not a huge deal but I want my stats to be accurate. My guess is that somehow the pocket query is generated in a way that ignores the timezone preference.

Anyone know how to fix this issue. Not a huge deal but I want my stats to be accurate. My guess is that somehow the pocket query is generated in a way that ignores the timezone preference.

Do you have any finds on Monday or Saturday of that weekend?

The server seemed to have hic-uped a little as it doesn't seem to work on local time, but instead works on the time zone in which it is located (rather common actually). It was noticed mainly with the 10-10-10 souv.

The server seemed to have hic-uped a little as it doesn't seem to work on local time, but instead works on the time zone in which it is located (rather common actually). It was noticed mainly with the 10-10-10 souv.

Yes I have finds on 10-9-10 and on the site they show up as such but the query they have a date of 10-10-10. This is looking at the .gpx file with a text editor.

Yes I have finds on 10-9-10 and on the site they show up as such but the query they have a date of 10-10-10. This is looking at the .gpx file with a text editor.

With those finds added do you get 6?

I imagine it will be fixed in the backend (is GS a SQL back end?) and then your stats will sort out correctly. Or you can change them by hand in GSAK and lock the entry so it doesn't get over written next time you import a MyFinds PQ.

With those finds added do you get 6?

I imagine it will be fixed in the backend (is GS a SQL back end?) and then your stats will sort out correctly. Or you can change them by hand in GSAK and lock the entry so it doesn't get over written next time you import a MyFinds PQ.

Yes with those finds it adds up to six. Sorry for not being clear about that earlier. I did generate the pq on 10-10-10 so maybe if I just wait until a later date and rerun it all will be good.

I tried changing it in gsak and for some reason I had no luck but that is another thread and another forum.

Yes with those finds it adds up to six. Sorry for not being clear about that earlier. I did generate the pq on 10-10-10 so maybe if I just wait until a later date and rerun it all will be good.

I tried changing it in gsak and for some reason I had no luck but that is another thread and another forum.

No problem. Keep us posted.

I've got some spare time on my hands most days and I work for a company that builds thinks like the GS webpage and dbs. So, I've got some ideas of what might malfunction.

Well more than a week has passed and the dates are still wrong on at least 4 of my finds in the pocket query.

The date displays fine on the website when I look through my geocaches page but the pocket query has the wrong date encoded into it.

Would love to get this fixed but not sure how as it is obviously server side. Is there a place to report this type of thing?

Well more than a week has passed and the dates are still wrong on at least 4 of my finds in the pocket query.

The date displays fine on the website when I look through my geocaches page but the pocket query has the wrong date encoded into it.

Would love to get this fixed but not sure how as it is obviously server side. Is there a place to report this type of thing?

If you're using the iPhone app to log in the field, this is a known bug. Post as field note instead and then log using a browser to get around the issue until Groundspeak fixes the problem.

If you're using the iPhone app to log in the field, this is a known bug. Post as field note instead and then log using a browser to get around the issue until Groundspeak fixes the problem.

Ahh I see, I think I did use the ipod touch to log the finds. Not 100 percent sure but I will buy it. You think I could delete my logs and relog those finds to fix them?

Edited by jameyp

Ahh I see, I think I did use the ipod touch to log the finds. Not 100 percent sure but I will buy it. You think I could delete my logs and relog those finds to fix them?

Any official word on whether an iPhone App fix is coming? See below for details...

GPX Groundspeak:date contains invalid xs:dateTime timezone marker Z, or time is plain wrong

Test case:

1. Log with iPhone

2. Edit the log text later on the web site.

3. Review GPX-file for cache.

A cache logged online about 23:56 in timezone GMT+1 has the following GPX-entry:

2010-09-04T19:00:00Z

Suggestions:

1. make sure iPhone app (and android app, field notes, etc) stamp correct values into db.

2. make sure Groundspeak web site doesn't damage the time field when editing logs.

2. make sure GPX-files actually are generated with Zulu time, OR change from Z to a proper offset as defined in XML specs.

Any official word on whether an iPhone App fix is coming? See below for details...

GPX Groundspeak:date contains invalid xs:dateTime timezone marker Z, or time is plain wrong

Test case:

1. Log with iPhone

2. Edit the log text later on the web site.

3. Review GPX-file for cache.

A cache logged online about 23:56 in timezone GMT+1 has the following GPX-entry:

2010-09-04T19:00:00Z

Suggestions:

1. make sure iPhone app (and android app, field notes, etc) stamp correct values into db.

2. make sure Groundspeak web site doesn't damage the time field when editing logs.

2. make sure GPX-files actually are generated with Zulu time, OR change from Z to a proper offset as defined in XML specs.

I have nothing official but I did notice a something in the latest software for iPhone changelog that seemed to imply that it may be fixed but I have not tested it as of yet.

Edited by jameyp

I noticed this same problem. I was unloading my "My Finds" data from GSAK so I could import it into Access and play around with it a little bit and noticed some things that didn't look right. I determined the found dates in GSAK did not match the found dates on the Geocaching website. Date in GSAK was one day later than the date on the website. Rigorous comparison of the two lists found quite a few that were wrong. I was able to fix them by "simply" going into the logs to edit them, but not change anything and just save them, and then re-export them to GSAK. Fairly time-consuming considering all of them that were wrong. Would be nice to know that this is being (or has been) fixed. Until I know for sure, I will be watching all my new finds closely.

Edited by Calling Out Your Name

Actually it is a known bug for almost every device. It is a conflict between the log being recorded in Prime Meridan time (Zulu) and the froggie living in GMT-8. Since the logs are recorded on your don't give the time zone you are in but zulu there is a wrong date problem depending how far from the froggie you are.

Been discussed here many times and nary a solution has been provided. Just something you have to live with.

Edited by Walts Hunting
Actually it is a known bug for almost every device. It is a conflict between the log being recorded in Prime Meridan time (Zulu) and the froggie living in GMT-8. Since the logs are recorded on your don't give the time zone you are in but zulu there is a wrong date problem depending how far from the froggie you are.

<sarcasm>

Yeah, it's SO HARD to figure out the time zone. I mean, it's not like they have access to the coordinates or anything....

</sarcasm>

Been discussed here many times and nary a solution has been provided.

Plenty of suggestions have been made, including using the TZ of the geocacher, etc. Field notes give the time in correct format, so that time zone offsets can be done properly.

Really, this is first-year programming stuff. That Groundspeak has never bothered to fix it is embarrassing for them.