geocache for linux

I wil;l have to try this out. It looks pretty nice for a manager but what a I really love about GSAK are the many macros. If this could use the macros then man that would be sweet.

Or even if similar macros could be built for it that would be nice to.

Currently I have to use GSAK in a VBOX copy of win XP which is actually quite annoying to have to have all that just to get GSAK to work.

This has been one area that the opensource community has let me down. I will give it a shot but replacing GSAK is what I would like to do. And I actually own GSAK not just a freebie.

I would pay again for a quality piece of cross platform software that could use macros and work on win and lin.

I wil;l have to try this out. It looks pretty nice for a manager but what a I really love about GSAK are the many macros. If this could use the macros then man that would be sweet.

Currently I have to use GSAK in a VBOX copy of win XP which is actually quite annoying to have to have all that just to get GSAK to work.

This has been one area that the opensource community has let me down. I will give it a shot but replacing GSAK is what I would like to do. And I actually own GSAK not just a freebie.

I would pay again for a quality piece of cross platform software that could use macros and work on win and lin.

I've been playing around with Drupal (an open source content management system) as an online waypoint manager. I actually work with Drupal on almost a daily basis for my "real job" and was doing some work with a couple of modules and decided to bring up and instance to do some proof of concept testing. So far, I can ingest Pocket queries such that there is a "node" (the basic encapsulation of content in Drupal) fore each waypoint. Once waypoints are ingested I can create about any permutation as a view of those waypoints, including displaying them on a map using openlayers. Since the content and presentation layers are separate in Drupal, it would be easy to create a mobile version of the site as well. There's all kinds of things that can be done with it once the basic framework is in place. The big piece that's missing is a driver for sending/receiving waypoints to a GPS.

I too use GSAK on Ubuntu, through Wine, and so far the only minor issue I've had with it was the split screen browser not working properly. It's not an essential feature for me, so I leave it turned off to avoid the problem. If this new program would have the same or similar macros and other features, I might try it out. As for now, however, GSAK works just fine for my needs, and I feel no need to switch just yet.

I too use GSAK on Ubuntu, through Wine, and so far the only minor issue I've had with it was the split screen browser not working properly. It's not an essential feature for me, so I leave it turned off to avoid the problem. If this new program would have the same or similar macros and other features, I might try it out. As for now, however, GSAK works just fine for my needs, and I feel no need to switch just yet.

I tried it in wine and found I can't even open it. Invalid floating point operation. I would be happy if I could get it to work even without the split screen browsing.

Did you do anything special to get it to work?

I tried it in wine and found I can't even open it. Invalid floating point operation. I would be happy if I could get it to work even without the split screen browsing.

Did you do anything special to get it to work?

Ooh I got it. Before it crashed I quickly clicked on view and changed it to turn off split view and it appears to work at least a little. I will play more to see if I can get away from the vbox solution.

I'm the developer of OCM. Macros/Plug-ins are in the future of OCM but there's still a lot of ground to cover before OCM reaches that GSAK level of maturity (the first version was only released in June). As a short-term solution, it does support external tools, i.e. you can have it automatically generate a GPX and push it to a perl script or a cache stats generation program.