Geocaching Android app on Droid 2

Stakeout

has anyone tried the 'o-fish-al' Geocaching.com Android app on a Verizon phone using 3g in the Caribbean.. as a Premium member have always done the PQ's from the Geocaching.com site using my Garmin 450... mainly using it while we cruise which is often in the winter months as 'retired bums' :unsure:

now that I just got a Droid 2 phone a couple of days ago....and this morning got the Geocaching.com Android App was wondering how it would function out of the US w/ Verizon 3g service.. also has Wifi built in to this phone.. would be easier to use with the App-option of 'Locating nearby Caches' in every port we go to

all functions of the App appear to be w*rking a-ok so far

Verizon's unlimited plan is only good in the US. If you go somewhere else you have to call and see what they have. It can be quite expensive if you don't and even if you do the charges can rack up.

As to the suggetion about a PQ. You would still need a data plan for the navigate to to work. It would probably be cheaper to buy a cheap GPS for the trip.

$64.99 = Unlimited international data usage on VZW. Change to that plan before leaving, switch back to 29.99 when you get back, pay prorated difference for the number of days that you're outside of the country.

Email me through GC.com if you have any q's.

Edited by Genoist