Where do yours go missing from?

Jennifer&Dean

Both of our TBs are now declared MIA. Nothing in the logs at the caches where they were last located. One from Idaho and one from Washington. Both within 100 miles of Spokane.

So, I am wondering, is there an area where more go missing from like this? If you have lost one (or more), where from?

-Jennifer

According to his or her personal experience, each person must decide by himself or herself where they have been. Always for me the most important thing is not where the others have gone but the experience lived through.-Reinhold Messner

I have yet to have any go MIA (knock on wood).

However, in one of my caches two TB from others are registered as being there but are not. I went to check on these after multi-logs came in that the bugs were not there. Written in the log book was the name of a person who took at least one of them. I checked the name and there is no one listed. I feel that new cacher(s)who may not be aware of protocal for caching and TB's is typically the reason for missing bugs. By the way, the "cacher's" name is Monkey Meatloaf. If anyone knows of this person...

In the log that was left, Monkey said he would help to get it to its destination. It seams this person has read the logs or notes for the TB.

I have notified the owners regarding the MIA bug to let them know and enlist their help. What else can be done??

I've moved four travel bugs from my home in Pittsburgh to my original hometown of Rochester, NY. Three of them have gone AWOL... two of them are still in the hands of the cachers who retrieved them right after my dropoffs, and the third disappeared after just a couple more moves. I've felt guilty ever since, and I'm hesitant about moving any other bugs in this direction.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by DustyJacket:

Lee's Summit, Missouri

He disappeared from the cache I released DogGone into. Didn't even make a single hop.

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

The cache was in Missouri, but the person who grabbed it was from Kansas. Hmmmm.......

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

Berks County, Pennsylvania and vicinity

We have some nasty person(s) in the area who takes bugs and doesn't log them. 10 or 15 bugs (and these are just the ones that I know of) have gone missing over the last few months ... all from caches in this area.

Be forewarned. (zip code 19607 and vicinity)

-----

You must be present to win.