BM Map

dukeofurl01

I'm thinking what would really be useful would be an interactive map with benchmarks on it, specifically a google map. Much how the Geocaching site is to caches, something like the icons would change if I had logged it or not, and I could use it to determine my next move.

Does something like that exist anywhere, anyone know of anything or similar?

Of course you could use GSAK to create a .gpx of the marks that interest you (from your own database) and open that with Google Earth.

There are a couple of great GSAK macros for Google Maps and Google Earth (KML). I have changed a couple for benchmarks - They work great.

What are they?

At the GSAK Macro Library Index enter "google" in the Macro Download Index Search box. I really like Google_Map_V3. Off the top of my head I can't remember which Google Earth macro I use. I mainly use the Google Earth NGS Overlays mentioned above for Google Earth.

That Library index is in the GSAK forum.

At the GSAK Macro Library Index enter "google" in the Macro Download Index Search box. I really like Google_Map_V3. Off the top of my head I can't remember which Google Earth macro I use. I mainly use the Google Earth NGS Overlays mentioned above for Google Earth.

That Library index is in the GSAK forum.

Hmm, yes, I see how such a thing will come in handy, I'll try it out. I wouldn't have thought that somebody would have created a macro to do something that replicates the Geocaching website, but cool, whatever.

Thanks