What to do about Mass False Logging

adrius42

java script:emoticon(':D',%20'smid_2')mueckenwasser@aol.com just logged all my caches in one day pretty clever as they are spread across multiple countries not just multiple counties.

What to do about such false logging?

Advice please...

Make sure before you delete.

It's not unusual for people to get on caching holidays and do a mass update when they return, and forget to set the dates correctly.

I'd at least give the logger a chance to explain him/herself.

java script:emoticon(':D',%20'smid_2')mueckenwasser@aol.com just logged all my caches in one day pretty clever as they are spread across multiple countries not just multiple counties.

What to do about such false logging?

Advice please...

Make sure before you delete.

It's not unusual for people to get on caching holidays and do a mass update when they return, and forget to set the dates correctly.

I'd at least give the logger a chance to explain him/herself.

Yeah, that would be all nice and warm and fuzzy in a perfect world. But what we have here is a classic "Greetings from Germany" bogus logging case. And from 2 people who just started in May, 2010. I guess the word isn't getting out over there. B) Delete as fast as your fingers can move.

Yeah, that would be all nice and warm and fuzzy in a perfect world. But what we have here is a classic "Greetings from Germany" bogus logging case. And from 2 people who just started in May, 2010. I guess the word isn't getting out over there. B) Delete as fast as your fingers can move.

Strange you mention Germany?

I have two logs on one of my cache which made my two people from Germany who found the cache at the same time. I happen to know that the logs are genuine because not only have I checked the log book but I met them in person while they were signing the log book!

However both these people started in 2007 and have several hundred finds.

Strange you mention Germany?

I have two logs on one of my cache which made my two people from Germany who found the cache at the same time. I happen to know that the logs are genuine because not only have I checked the log book but I met them in person while they were signing the log book!

However both these people started in 2007 and have several hundred finds.

Well, I was sort of being funny. But if you look at the OP's virtuals (which are all over the world), you'll see many were logged by two German's yesterday. There has been a longstanding problem with European (and mostly German) cachers armchair logging virtual caches. Groundspeak has made it clear this is not to happen. Many blame this on the language barrier. It is unusual, at least as far as I've seen, for brand new, joined this year, cachers to partake in this activity. Groundspeak really did try to "get the word out" last year. :)

On top of all that, I personally can't stand the many Geocachers who talk like pirates, or in some cases, dress like them as well. :D

Edited by Mr.Yuck

The question I have is why? :laughing: What's the point? It's not like there is a Geocaching Crown for the most caches found. I mean if you're going to lie about stuff, why not tell people that you are dating Angelina Jolie or <b>are the King of Lichtenstein</b>. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Absolutely. I mean what an obvious lie that would be. After all, EVERYBODY already knows that I am the King of Lichtenstein! Sheeeesh. :rolleyes:

Oh, by the way. I am no longer dating Angelina.