Unintended Consequences

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Thank you to Groundspeak for implementing the long requested Dipping feature.

I guess that some things have results that were not what was expected when the ideas came forth. I miss my notes.

When players used to Drop and then Retreive a trackable, the retreival note was the place where they usually shared any stories that they had for the visit. Now that this retreival is handled automatically with the Dips, there are no nice little notes coming when the coin goes back into their inventory.

I miss my notes. Let's have your reviews on the new feature, and how it's working out for you.

Normally when I am dipping a track-able its mine but if not I would just post a note to the track-able page if it was a site that was noteworthy (ie not just for mileage) or if I was posting a picture, but I guess thats just me :). I have to say it sure does speed up the logging process when I am caching with my boys (all 3 of us have a personal tracking #) it used to take for ever to log our finds and retrieving the 3 bugs after every log.

I guess that some things have results that were not what was expected when the ideas came forth. I miss my notes.

When players used to Drop and then Retreive a trackable, the retreival note was the place where they usually shared any stories that they had for the visit. Now that this retreival is handled automatically with the Dips, there are no nice little notes coming when the coin goes back into their inventory.

I miss my notes. Let's have your reviews on the new feature, and how it's working out for you.

Our TB notes for our event TB "Louie the Loon" speaks in the third person and tells of the event or what "JoenSue" did that day. It is the travel log to our trips. ALthough we love the new dip feature, it would be great if selecting "visited" opened up a log dialog box which you could enter some details or bypass if you wanted too.

In my opinion, the Visit option should only be available to the trackable owner and the Discover option should only be available to trackables set as Collectible.

In my opinion, the Visit option should only be available to the trackable owner and the Discover option should only be available to trackables set as Collectible.

But what if you wanted to dip someones trackable while you or enroute to the cache you want to drop it in? Or what about leaving a tb or a coin in a cache because you know you cant help it along but want to let the owner know it is still there (i know not many do this :o ) ?

just a thought....

But what if you wanted to dip someones trackable while you or enroute to the cache you want to drop it in? Or what about leaving a tb or a coin in a cache because you know you cant help it along but want to let the owner know it is still there (i know not many do this :o ) ?

just a thought....

You drop the TB along with your cache log and then you Retrieve it and post something about the adventure getting to and from the cache. That log option is offered when Retrieving.

Take away the Discover option and tell me how many Notes you would post letting the owner know it is still there.

just a thought....

You drop the TB along with your cache log and then you Retrieve it and post something about the adventure getting to and from the cache. That log option is offered when Retrieving.

Take away the Discover option and tell me how many Notes you would post letting the owner know it is still there.

good point...although occasionally i do post a note but its normally that the bug is gone ;)

I would still do that. I discover coins that I find even if I don't take them, and I post notes on coins that aren't there to say that they weren't there at the time of my visit. That doesn't mean that they won't turn up later having been picked up earlier and not logged yet.

In fact, it seems to me that your comment about the Discover option is a perfectly good reason to keep Discover on any coin whether it is collectible or not.

And sure, you can drop and retrieve a coin instead of "visit" but it isn't as convenient. It would be nice if Visit sent the log to the trackable owner at the same time (I don't know if it does or not).

Z.