Retrieving a lost travel bug

flibbertigibbits

I've had 3 go by the wayside last year with cachers just like that. Grabbed them, seemed like that had the right intentions, then nothing! Will not reply to (numerous) emails.

Question: I have the COPY tags. Would it be acceptable to ship out the TB's fresh using them? Your thoughts appreciated.

~ Honest Value Never Fails ~

quote:
Originally posted by Car37 & Shnde:

If the TB is truely gone and will not surface again, I would send it out again. You spent good money on that tracking number. I am thinking of making up a new tag and keeping the original copy tag here, I think this has already been done by others here.

Car37 & Shnde

I just sent one of my travel bugs out again that I know is dead. Cache was destroyed and the baseball card that was the bug hasn't been seen again. That was over a year ago.

Instead of using the copy tag, I used an old baseball that I had (same theme), wrote the travel bug serial number on the ball in three different places using my best Terrell Owens imitation (sharpie permanent). icon_biggrin.gif

It's sitting in a cache right now and I still have the copy tag if needed down the road.

My other MIA travel bug, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that one. Maybe, I'll just let it lie there as a reminder of what can happen to travel bugs.

Webfoot icon_razz.gif

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.