Is there a standard coin thickness?

Doctor A

I have a friend who's working with me on making a display stand for my geocoins, that will be kind of similar to the "challenge" coin display stands that I see. Anyway, I need to let him know what thickness to make the slot where the coins will sit in and that got me to wondering- is there a standard geocoin thickness? All of my coins "feel" or "seem" to be about the same thickness, but in woodworking, I know that precision is necessary and I want to be sure that the slot is big enough to accommodate any standard coins but not too big that it won't hold them fairly straight up. Anyone know? Thanks!

Please post a picture of the finished display when you have the coins loaded, will you? I would love to see it. I've been looking for a good quality display box to place inside of a curio-cabinet I've had my eye on.

Will do! Mine is also going to go in a curio cabinet that I already own, so probably will be something similar to what you'd want or need. I'm excited about trying to come up with a design and I know he'll do a great job of turning my thoughts into a wonderful display stand.

Thanks everyone for the info!