Looking for epic caches near Los Angeles

Hey, I recently went up to visit lake tahoe and found a really cool cache there where I had to swim out to an island and climb up a slippery rock face. I was just wondering if there were any kind of cool caches closer to my house (which is in Los Angeles) that had the same kind of feel. Not necessarily having to swim to, but I think you get what I mean. Thanks everyone!

I havent gone yet, but there are what sounds like awesome caches at Griffith Park. You could make several trips there to go caching.

I mean, you can get a cache at the actual Bat cave used in the 60's Batman TV show!

We are going really soon to do a few of the larger ones that are way out there.

Here is an example of one of them: GCHPVW

Id like to hear about some more, since we just started a few weeks ago and take trips every weekend to find cool caches.

Most of the "epic" caches around here involve some level of hiking. Some just a 5-10min hike, others are over an hour hike.

To get a general idea of some of the previous award winning caches, check my bookmark lists. Are you considering the entire LA area, or closer to LAX, downtown, etc?

Most of the "epic" caches around here involve some level of hiking. Some just a 5-10min hike, others are over an hour hike.

To get a general idea of some of the previous award winning caches, check my bookmark lists. Are you considering the entire LA area, or closer to LAX, downtown, etc?

Anywhere in Los Angeles area, we have a house in the Sherman Oaks area.

I miss LA so much!! But when I was done there in March for my birthday I did do some caching, and here is my recommendation. Eaton Canyon. This canyon/park is in Altadena (If your coming east on the 210 take Sierra Madre make a left and go up just past Washington it's on the right, if you're coming west it's a bit trickier and you should look for the brown Eaton Canyon sign-it's not the same exit) and had lots of trails and good caches!! I recommend the caches farther up near Henninger Flats-thee caches require a good hike, lots of water, probably some lunch but are so worth it. The view is amazing from there and those caches rarely get visits. I was the first person to snag one in almost a year. If you want a milder hike with a waterfall finish, Eaton has that too. Check it out. It is true that only peope that live in LA know it's beauty. :yikes:

Kern County is a little north, but here is my Historic 40 Stage Cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...7b-d708bccfd4ff

I also have a "I just had to climb this!!!" Series out in the Carrizo Plain.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...31-c68c0d2454e4

Or for those of you who don't mind baring all, An Ode to Nudecacher.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...67-53de01444171