SWAG

TMAE

We recently went to a craft store and bought a bag of crystals and another that has polished stones that look like jewels.

Best thing I've found was a small pocket knife that was very pretty. Not the best thing to leave since a kid might have gotten it, but I liked it no the less.

I was at the big orange box store recently and came across a contractor pack of LED flashlights. 15 flashlights + batteries for $15. I place the batteries and the flashlight separately in a ziploc bag and put them in caches. That way I don't have to worry about the batteries sitting in the light for too long before they are found.

I keep my eyes out for inexpensive, useful items when I'm out shopping. Drug stores, supermarkets, Wal Mart, Home Depot, Target, sporting goods stores are all places were I find swag.

Some things I've used:

Packets of Off! insect repellent wipes

Packets of hand sanitizing wipes

Matchbox cars or Hot Wheels

Watercolor sets

boxes of colored chalk

decks of cards

eyeglass repair kits

plastic emergency ponchos

Waterproof match boxes

Mylar emergency blankets

pin on ball compasses

books

CDs

DVDs

software

toy figurines

collectible or foreign coins and bills

Euro stickers

small US flags

Small J&J first aid kits

pins and buttons

fishing lures and tackle (lures in original package for safety)

packs of Post It notes

cheap flashlights

packs of AA batteries

Most of the above can be found for under $2 and much of it for under a dollar.

I was at the big orange box store recently and came across a contractor pack of LED flashlights. 15 flashlights + batteries for $15. I place the batteries and the flashlight separately in a ziploc bag and put them in caches. That way I don't have to worry about the batteries sitting in the light for too long before they are found.

I saw a similar pack of flashlights recently and bought 3 packs. The lights are actually pretty good for a buck each, though I found a couple of duds that wouldn't work.

I have some bracelets and rubber duckies as regular swag that I order because the two of them are meaningful to me. Other than that I'll keep my eye out while shopping too for cool stuff. I'm eyeing up back to school stuff at the moment.

Or even better when I'm at conferences with vendors. I usually indiscriminately acquire stuff at these things and sort through it when I get home and disseminate it to the people around me who need this or that. It's free and some of that stuff makes for great swag.

But I always have my normal old bracelets and duckies with me.