Want to place a new geocach

spanky1970

Hi everybody,

I'm new to geocaching and all I can say is where has it been all my life.

Right down to business.... I have looked at the T&C and search the forum but not really found an what I'm looking for.

I want to start hiding some Geocach but was wondering what the rules are about how close to other Geocach you can go.

I have found some good hiding places but there are other Geocach hiden within say the same park / area.

Can I put more there or do I need to find somewhere no one has thought of.

The place I would be hiding one is a good 10/15 min walk from the nearest one, is this to close.

Any help would be great as my daughter is desparate to start hiding some great Geocach with themes attached to them.

Regards

Ian

Welcome, Ian.

When you go to fill in the form to submit a new geocache for listing you'll find it on this page:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/default.aspx

The very first link you'll see there on the top right side is the Cache Listing Requirements and Guidelines. As others have said regularly on this forum - Read those Guidelines. Then read them again. Then read them and make sure you understand them. ;)

When you've done that you'll have found the answer to your question, and many other other questions regarding listing new caches.

Come back here and ask for further clarification on the bits that you don't really understand. :blink:

Good luck!

MrsB :D

It would probably help a bit if you read up on geocaching and the guidelines.

Here is a link to just about everything to deal with finding/hiding caches: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=1

In direct response to the "distance" question, placements must have a minimum distance of 1/10 mile between all caches (or stages of multi-caches). Walking time is not a good indicator of distance.

Truly, reading and understanding all that you can about cache placement is best, before jumping into trying to hide one. Most who jump into hiding without fully understanding usually fail in their first attempts. This often leads to frustration. ;)

Thansk for all your replys will read through all the links and find more cach before starting to hide one myself to give me a chance to understand more better.

Again thanks for all the advice as I'm a newbe to all this but what great fun daughter loves it.

Thansk for all your replys will read through all the links and find more cach before starting to hide one myself to give me a chance to understand more better.

Again thanks for all the advice as I'm a newbe to all this but what great fun daughter loves it.

Have fun out caching! ;)

Hate to sabotage this thread but I have a similar issue, Today I made my very first cache hide and I didn't check the activate box because I wanted to make sure the cache was in place first when I came home to check the box I checked it and hit save and it told me there was a error, and erased all my info about the cache except the cache name. When I pull up the cache it says its not activated and the reviewers wont see it until it is. So how do I activated it?

BishopCrew

Hate to sabotage this thread but I have a similar issue, Today I made my very first cache hide and I didn't check the activate box because I wanted to make sure the cache was in place first when I came home to check the box I checked it and hit save and it told me there was a error, and erased all my info about the cache except the cache name. When I pull up the cache it says its not activated and the reviewers wont see it until it is. So how do I activated it?

BishopCrew

Sounds like a bug. Is this reproducable? If so, please report it here.

Mezgrman

BishopCrew

Once the cache page is set, edited as you wish, with all details correct and the cache is in place ready to be found you go back to the box "Yes, this listing is active etc..." and check/tick it. Scroll down the page, check the two boxes at the bottom (making sure that you have read and understood the Guidelines) and click "Report New Listing".

Doing this will put your new cache listing into the local volunteer reviewer's queue to be checked for compliance to the Guidelines. You should receive an automated email to let you know the submission has been received for review. Then you sit back and wait for the reviewer to do his part of the process.

Knowledge Book: Publication of caches.

Good luck

MrsB ;)