PN 40 Froze, Now Won't Turn On

I was geocaching when my PN 40 froze. Now, using multiple sets of different batteries, the PN 40 won't turn on. When I connect it to the computer, I still can't get it to turn on.

Any suggestions? The GPS is relatively new...6 months

I was geocaching when my PN 40 froze. Now, using multiple sets of different batteries, the PN 40 won't turn on. When I connect it to the computer, I still can't get it to turn on.

This happend to me once when I let the unit with rechargeable Nimah batteries run all the way down. From the Delorme web-site try:

Press: Page+ Mark+Enter+Power all at the same time.

Release all but the power button. Keep holding the power button for a few seconds. This should cause the unit to go into a "hard reset/power up".

Edited by jsdad

I just had the same problem. Thank you jsdad for the information. My PN-40 is working.

Jeremy

*Jeremy*

This happend to me once when I let the unit with rechargeable Nimah batteries run all the way down. From the Delorme web-site try:

Press: Page+ Mark+Enter+Power all at the same time.

Release all but the power button. Keep holding the power button for a few seconds. This should cause the unit to go into a "hard reset/power up".