Deleting a disabled cache that was never activated

When I tried to place my first cache, I placed it too close to a school, so I removed it. I changed the title of it, as well as the location and now I want to delete it, as I am not going to activate that particular title. Maybe I am not thinking hard enough or overthinking, but I can't figure out how to delete the whole thing. Any ideas?

You can't delete it. You can archive it. Or you can just re-write the page and use it for your next placement.
Wouldn't it have to be within 528 feet to reuse without involving the reviewer to change the coords? Or is that limit avoided with a cache that has never been published?
Wouldn't it have to be within 528 feet to reuse without involving the reviewer to change the coords? Or is that limit avoided with a cache that has never been published?

yes, as long as the "active" checkbox isn't set, you can freely change the coordinates.

As the cache owner, you'll find archive as a log type, and you'll see an archive link in the Navigation box in the upper right corner of the cache page.

Alternately, as it's unpublished, edit the title to "My Next Cache" the coords to the mid atlantic, and just let it sit there until you're ready to use it.

If you archive it, the cache will still exist, and there's an obscure link to it on one of the pages of your profile. Oddly, not the YOURS link next to Geocaches, but the Geocaches link.

That will take you to another page of your LOGS on geocaches, and for some reason, on the right margin of that page, there is a link to your unpublished archived caches.