Magellan eXplorist GC help required!

GuinGirl

I'm a newbie and have a Magellan Explorist GC. I've successfully downloaded a cache, but have now seemingly wiped out all the other caches the GC came with. I need some guidance with this cool new machine because I'm pumped about geocaching. Possibly over the Forum or with someone in my area? I'm in Victoria BC, Canada. Especially if you are also an Explorist GC owner!! Thanks!

Yeah I agree too.... I have the GC and deleted the preloaded caches as the nearest was about 1000Miles away from me.

Best thing I did was get a premium account @ www.geocaching.com then you can download pocket queries for upto 1000 caches in what ever area you want.

Did you not get 30 days premium membership for geocache.com, with the GC, then you can test the pocket queries.

If you need anymore help let me know.

Also make sure you update the GC to the latest firwware 1.4 as this has made a big difference in using the GPSr

Yeah I agree too.... I have the GC and deleted the preloaded caches as the nearest was about 1000Miles away from me.

Best thing I did was get a premium account @ www.geocaching.com then you can download pocket queries for upto 1000 caches in what ever area you want.

Did you not get 30 days premium membership for geocache.com, with the GC, then you can test the pocket queries.

If you need anymore help let me know.

Also make sure you update the GC to the latest firwware 1.4 as this has made a big difference in using the GPSr

Hello baboon99, Corta, and SkellyCa,

Thanks for your prompt replies. I apparently do get a free 30 day trial, got my magic number to type in, but the site it says to go to is a Garmin free trial site and doesn't recognize my Magellan number, of course. So, how DO you get to the free trial for Magellan? This computer websites exploration is just like geocaching, though not nearly as much fun. I sure like the idea of downloading Pocket Queries for my area, just have to get off that first base and be able to move ahead. Once I've got the trial membership, I hope to stick to forum questioning/replies for support as the computery language in the manuals is pretty overwhelming. Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

I'm a newbie and have a Magellan Explorist GC. I've successfully downloaded a cache, but have now seemingly wiped out all the other caches the GC came with. I need some guidance with this cool new machine because I'm pumped about geocaching. Possibly over the Forum or with someone in my area? I'm in Victoria BC, Canada. Especially if you are also an Explorist GC owner!! Thanks!

You can also check out the eXplorist GC forum to get in touch with other users of this device.

You can also check out the eXplorist GC forum to get in touch with other users of this device.

thanks for the info on the eXplorist site of forums. Seems pretty new. Hopefully more Magellan people will register so we can swap helpful information. Until then, I will keep searching for how to register my new eXplorist GC for the 30 day free trial of Premium Membership with Geocaching.com. Any other help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

eXplorist GC user here - also in Victoria BC! Hi neighbour :) You can't get the preloaded caches back, but trust me, you don't need them, they are all over the place, and the cache info becomes stale pretty quickly. They were deleted from our GC before the first caches were loaded.

I'm not the best when it comes to technology, but if I can help, I will. Keep a look out for events in the area - and take your GPS with you.

Happy Caching!

edit to add - delete all caches in the GC before loading the next ones. Your stats stay in the unit. It is much easier....

Edited by popokiiti