first find!

loungebaby

Yay! Just found my first cache yesterday! Of course it helped that I looked lost when a man from Edison pulled up and asked if I was looking for 'that gps thing' and pointed me in the right direction. I really wanted to find it on my own, but upon actually discovering how small it was and how cleverly hidden, I would have NEVER figured out where it was.

There's a cache right outside my work that I've been looking for since yesterday! I feel like an idiot walking up and down a busy street, but I'm determined to find it! Especially considering it's marked as 'an easy find'. :lol:

Anyways, fun stuff! :lol:

You go! My first find was the second I looked for....it was on a guard rail. Now to many of the cachers here, that would be boring. But to me, to find it on my own....that was the coolest thing ever!

I am trying hard to develop that "geo sense", and I think it is starting to come to me.....maybe. :lol:

Go out and look for others and see more hides....the different types. Then come back and try for the one near work.

:lol: found my first one on monday, been to see friend today and told her about it, should be afternoon visit and got back at 21:00 found another 2 micro, one cleverly hidden in cone loads of people around so had to wait ages, is so exciting love it thank you x x

Yay! Just found my first cache yesterday! Of course it helped that I looked lost when a man from Edison pulled up and asked if I was looking for 'that gps thing' and pointed me in the right direction. I really wanted to find it on my own, but upon actually discovering how small it was and how cleverly hidden, I would have NEVER figured out where it was.

There's a cache right outside my work that I've been looking for since yesterday! I feel like an idiot walking up and down a busy street, but I'm determined to find it! Especially considering it's marked as 'an easy find'. :D

Anyways, fun stuff! :lol:

Go to YouTube and search on Geocaching. Lots of good info there about sizes, hiding places & other things about this thing called GeoCaching.

i am trying to log a find and it says the tracking number is the public number. there is no number on the coin and it won't let me log it in. What am I doing wrong.

Are you sure that it is a Geocoin? It could be a signature piece someone left in the cache for another cacher to grab. Could you post a pic so we can see what you mean?

You go! My first find was the second I looked for....it was on a guard rail. Now to many of the cachers here, that would be boring. But to me, to find it on my own....that was the coolest thing ever!

I am trying hard to develop that "geo sense", and I think it is starting to come to me.....maybe. :D

Go out and look for others and see more hides....the different types. Then come back and try for the one near work.

I think I'm getting htat 'geo sense', too! I finally found the one next to work! YAY! That sucker bugged me for two days and I had the 'aha' moment when I discovered it. Now, today I found my third cache up the street and didn't take me long at all. You really do need to think of every possibility, even the most simplest and most obvious. :lol:

i am trying to log a find and it says the tracking number is the public number. there is no number on the coin and it won't let me log it in. What am I doing wrong.

Are you sure that it is a Geocoin? It could be a signature piece someone left in the cache for another cacher to grab. Could you post a pic so we can see what you mean?

It is a geocoin. I found the number on the coin. Don't see as well as I used to and had to look a litter closer. Thanks for your response.