college students who love geocaching!

Hi all! I just started geocaching recently because it's pretty much the most fun you can have for free! and for college students like myself, FREE is the best kind of fun there is.

so, who else out there is a college student? i've noticed that most people posting logs (at least in my area) are a bit older and figured that we needed a forum thread. :laughing:

anyways, how do you feel about somehow making a network for collegiate geocachers? an intercollegiate geocaching club? :) sounds pretty awesome if you ask me.

Hi all! I just started geocaching recently because it's pretty much the most fun you can have for free! and for college students like myself, FREE is the best kind of fun there is.

so, who else out there is a college student? i've noticed that most people posting logs (at least in my area) are a bit older and figured that we needed a forum thread. :laughing:

anyways, how do you feel about somehow making a network for collegiate geocachers? an intercollegiate geocaching club? :) sounds pretty awesome if you ask me.

I'm not a college student but I've worked at a university for the past 14 years and have been involved with a student run club called the "Cornell Outing Club". For a very inexpensive annual fee ($7 I think) students can join the club. The club has got tons of outdoor related equipment for a wide range of activities including backpacking, climbing, caving, skiing, snowshoeing, canoeing, kayaking, etc. If someone in the club leads a trip a member can use the equipment for free. I used to help out with the kayaking quite a bit, teaching the basics, how to roll, etc. I've been thinking about giving a brief spiel about geocaching and perhaps I'll do it when students come back in the fall. You might check to see if there is a similar club at your school and suggest geocaching as another activity. BTW, the COC uses their cllub fees to biu equipment but also gets some money from trail cleanups and some equipment via donations. Our campus has a pretty liberal policy on geocaching so there are quite a few caches on campus property as well as other property owned by the university (they own a *lot* of property).

I graduated college in 2001, and my husband graduated college in 1996, but since I live very close to a great college town there are a lot of geocaching college students and professors here. It's a wonderful activity for college students I think :) I wish I'd known about it back in the day! (Well, for at least a year or two of my college career)

Edited by nymphnsatyr