Missing Cache History

Eagle Son

I have been caching since 2001 and have found over 1500 caches. I ran the My Finds Pocket Queries and when I up load the results into Mapesource to look at the cache I noticed that there are caches missing. For example a number of years ago I went to Rockford IL with some friends and we did 12 or so if I remember right. I am sure we did many more than one but only one shows up in the area. What Gives. I know I logged the finds at the time. I never notice my count drop but I don't keep close tabs on it either.

I reloaded the file and now the caches are back. At least the ones in Rockford. Is the a problem with the data file or something else.

Edited by Eagle Son

So far I haven't come across finds disappearing as a result of a mistake at Groundspeak's end.

Usually what happened:

1. CO deleted find, but finder did not notice deletion notice

2. Finder logged under wrong account / did not log

3. Finder logged wrong cache

4. Finder logged with wrong date

5. Finder did not use My Finds but a normal PQ

If you can identify a cache that you believe you found and logged, you can ask an administrator to look into it, since they can see the entire logging history including deleted caches.

Yes I reloaded the same data file into Mapsource and got a different result. Is it a Mapsource problem or is there a problem with the data file? I have loaded the "My Finds" file a number of times before with the same missing caches. This is the first time that they magically reappeared.

Yes I reloaded the same data file into Mapsource and got a different result. Is it a Mapsource problem or is there a problem with the data file? I have loaded the "My Finds" file a number of times before with the same missing caches. This is the first time that they magically reappeared.

If you get different output with the same input, I would look at the program first. Do other programs process your file properly?