is there a "where are you from?" topic?

Actually they are not "districts".

There are Countries / Provinces / States and even those are subdivided.

For example: if I was looking for someone or someones... in my area I would go to the local geocaching group for that area.

I would go to Canada and then find Alberta and then look there.

I do occasionally stumble across people from my home town in the general forum...

ah,

there was just a topic i posted in a few days ago that my post apparently brought out a lot of the local people in my area to tell me about some local catches i was just curious if they were somehow notified or something that someone from their hometown was posting in the forums,

btw, i guess now this topic should be in the geocatching.com website forum, but i dont know how to move it. sorry mods for being a pain.

ah,

there was just a topic i posted in a few days ago that my post apparently brought out a lot of the local people in my area to tell me about some local catches i was just curious if they were somehow notified or something that someone from their hometown was posting in the forums,

btw, i guess now this topic should be in the geocatching.com website forum, but i dont know how to move it. sorry mods for being a pain.

If you mean my post showing that the majority of caches in your area are in fact not micros I ran a PQ on the last cache you had found at the time, assuming that it would be close to your home.

That's usually how I 'locate' folks who don't put their location in their profile.

As far as a Where Are You From topic, I suspect that if people wanted others to know that then they would put it in their profile and it would show up here in every post... so no thread would be needed! :D

ah,

If you mean my post showing that the majority of caches in your area are in fact not micros I ran a PQ on the last cache you had found at the time, assuming that it would be close to your home.

That's usually how I 'locate' folks who don't put their location in their profile.

As far as a Where Are You From topic, I suspect that if people wanted others to know that then they would put it in their profile and it would show up here in every post... so no thread would be needed! ;)

Could they also maybe put it in their name? Might that work too? :D

ah,

I usually do it using the *first* cache that they placed or found. That's probably closer to their home than the most recent. The last cache that I found is 550 miles from where I live.

cause i cant find it, and it seems there are a lot of forum goers from my home town area. or is there a way to search for people by city and state?

Scrolling is your friend.

You could try wearing one of these at the next event you attend too. :D

It can tell everyone where you are from.

scrolling-led-name-badge.jpg