Most Geocaches Found list

Is there an existing list of who the top geocachers are?? I think it would be interesting to keep a tally somewhere of who's found the most geocaches. Certainly don't want to start a competition, but I think it would be neat to see who's collected the most caches, or who has found caches on different continents.

Just a thought. Hope everybody's well!! :P

You only need to find 42,109 more to beat Alamogul. But, of course, this increased during the time I was typing this. :lol:

This Alamogul guy seems kind of fishy to me! He claims a daily best of 917 finds. Dusting off the old calculator, this means that if her was on for 24 hours straight he would have had to have found every 94.22 seconds. Assuming that they were not in violation of the anti-swamping rule, meaning that they must be at least 0.1 miles apart (and of course if they were not then they could not have been official caches and therefore rendering his claim invalid), and neglecting any allowance for actually finding the cache, signing the log and returning it to it location, he would have had to really be moving!

I prefer quality caches that are more difficult and require a greater degree of thought and stealth then running around like an ant on crack!

Guyfromdenver

That best day was from the power cache trail near Area 51.

I have cached with him and he finds all types of caches, from LPC to hikes in the woods. When you are retired at a relative early age, you can do that amount of caching. If you dally, he lets you know it.

Heh. I used to be fairly high in the state rankings with a low find count, on account of I lived in Rhode Island.

If you really want to climb the rankings, move to Rhody. Or Belgium, maybe.

Some years back I met the wandererjb at an event (sadly, now deceased). I recognized the username from one of the cacher stat sites. I told him I recognized his name because he was No 1 in finds in the state of North Dakota. Which totally cracked him up, he was RVing and caching. He'd spent a just part of the summer in the Dakotas, and based on those finds was #1 in North Dakota and #2 in South Dakota.

Find it and log it. If you go out of your way to defy this fundamental basis of Geocaching then you are playing a differnt game all together!

You have to to go "out of your way" to log online. Not everyone does.

And then there are those logs of finds....

Is there an existing list of who the top geocachers are?? I think it would be interesting to keep a tally somewhere of who's found the most geocaches. Certainly don't want to start a competition, but I think it would be neat to see who's collected the most caches, or who has found caches on different continents.

Just a thought. Hope everybody's well!! :D

You only need to find 42,109 more to beat Alamogul. But, of course, this increased during the time I was typing this. :(

This Alamogul guy seems kind of fishy to me! He claims a daily best of 917 finds. Dusting off the old calculator, this means that if her was on for 24 hours straight he would have had to have found every 94.22 seconds. Assuming that they were not in violation of the anti-swamping rule, meaning that they must be at least 0.1 miles apart (and of course if they were not then they could not have been official caches and therefore rendering his claim invalid), and neglecting any allowance for actually finding the cache, signing the log and returning it to it location, he would have had to really be moving!

I prefer quality caches that are more difficult and require a greater degree of thought and stealth then running around like an ant on crack!

Guyfromdenver

He found those 917 caches in about 17 hours. He was not alone, but with a group and all were at each and every cache at the same time. So that means 3 cachers each had 917 finds in less then a day. That area was achived at the Area 51- ET caches. 1000 caches about 100 miles along a piece of road in Nevada. He could have done more but he had done some of them the day before. He will not be the only one to get that high, there will always be someone trying to break the last record broken.

Eventually those type of cache runs will burn someone out. To me you have 3 types of cachers. Number cachers, ones who only go for numbers and FTFs. Then you got the quality cachers who love to seek out those special caches that lead you to a spot that another cacher wants to share with the world, like waterfalls, mountain views etc. Then you have ones like me who do both. When I cache with my friends it is usually numbers, when I cache alone I do the quality caches because I am not pressured by time and I can really enjoy them. Like when I was living in Washington state. Some cachers up there accused me of trying to get to the top of their leaderboard. Yes, I was doing some number runs but I just really wanted to enjoyed the state and all it's beauty and mainly did the quality caches and ones that were well put together.

Edited by jellis

Heh. I used to be fairly high in the state rankings with a low find count, on account of I lived in Rhode Island.

If you really want to climb the rankings, move to Rhody. Or Belgium, maybe.

#6 in RI! Woot! :(

Oops...dropped to #7!

I love how tight the rankings are in Rhode Island. 2nd and 6th place for example are only 111 finds apart at the moment. That means at any given time when someone in the top 15 decides to go on a caching binge, the ranking order usually changes. We have been leapfrogging each other all summer. I get the sense that everyone is keenly aware of where they are in the list.

For kicks, it's kinda interesting to look at the Internet Wayback Machine's old rankings, that go back to 2006...

The place you really want to move to to be king of the stats is DC, where the top cacher has a MERE 1,085 caches under his belt.

Yeah, it's not supposed to be about the numbers. Oh well. The numbers game is fun :::shrug:::

I'm ranked 1106th for AZ. with "only" 234 finds. But still working on it! Met "Greasepot" and "tugies" personally this past weekend; they're ranked #2 & #9 respectively in the state. Two very nice (and very helpful) ladies!

Mike_B

Edited by Mike_B
The place you really want to move to to be king of the stats is DC, where the top cacher has a MERE 1,085 caches under his belt.

Yeah, it's not supposed to be about the numbers. Oh well. The numbers game is fun :::shrug:::

There's a guy locally who's only been caching since the beginning of this year; he's already over the 1900 mark; should hit the 2K mark any time now!

Edited by Mike_B