First day Caching!

PBmama

Today I took my 11 year old daughter out around our area to do some Geocaching. I got a program on my BB Tour that we are using for this. I had to uninstall the first program because I couldnt figure it out. This new program I got is really great! We chose someone's first hide to be our first find. We found it pretty easy and I was really excited. It was classified as a small cache. My daughter however thought it was to easy and a little boring. I left behind a cute little slipper dangle trinket that was special since it was my first find. As we headed out we made sure to pick up some trash that was in the general area. :laughing: We picked up some drive thru dinner and headed to our next location down the road. This one we were unable to find but to my suprise my daughter actually liked it better! :) So we will be going back to the area to try again another day. I am very proud of her for not wanting to give up and to also want to go back again until we find it! We went to a 3rd location where we were able to find that one. However as we were sitting there waiting for some of the muggles to leave. One of the ladies from the restaurant was leaving and yelled at us to what area it was in. This one was a micro. LMAO We had fun though and will spend some more time this weekend having an adventure!

Edited by PBmama

Welcome to the fun of geocaching :)

I think one of the best aspects of this game is that it is something grandparents/parents/children/young/old/inbetweens can all enjoy together, in any sort of groups, spending as much time as they want, whenever is convenient to them.

I hope you have fun finding many more!

MrsB :laughing:

:blink: Some of the best times I've had with my kids have been Geocaching road trips. We did a numbers run last labor day weekend to Maine. We drove 8 hrs to get there and then did 85 caches before finding a hotel. They had a ball.

:blink: Some of the best times I've had with my kids have been Geocaching road trips. We did a numbers run last labor day weekend to Maine. We drove 8 hrs to get there and then did 85 caches before finding a hotel. They had a ball.

I wish my son was like that. He's usually ready to do something else after a couple of finds. I've done some caching from NY to Maine and back (twice) and only have a dozen or so finds along the way. I *was* able to get away for awhile while in Maine to do some caching on my own though.

I just started geocaching this week and had my first find today - I think I might even start taking my three year-old niece with me caching; she's a smart kid and would probably like the exploring. I have to echo what everyone's already said; it's a great thing to do with all ages!

Congraulations! This is such a wonderful way to spend time away from the TV and get enjoy nature and other humans (spouses, kids, friends, whatever)! Is it just me, or have most people never heard of geocaching? My husband thought it was a boring...he said the same thing about wine tasting (which he now enjoys)

Fast forward to Tuesday; we went to Big Bear! Wow what a wonderful NEW way to experience places you've been to before. We each found one cache, and yes my husband had LOTS of fun!

Thank you Big Bear Cachers!

:blink:

Congraulations! This is such a wonderful way to spend time away from the TV and get enjoy nature and other humans (spouses, kids, friends, whatever)! Is it just me, or have most people never heard of geocaching? My husband thought it was a boring...he said the same thing about wine tasting (which he now enjoys)

Fast forward to Tuesday; we went to Big Bear! Wow what a wonderful NEW way to experience places you've been to before. We each found one cache, and yes my husband had LOTS of fun!

Thank you Big Bear Cachers!

:rolleyes:

I took my 12 yo daughter today for our 1st time. We didn't find anything but she is still game to try again. Once we get the hang of it we will get the boys involved (teen son and DH), who don't have a lot of patience for trying things ;)