Where to buy an Ammo Can?

Darren V

Welcome to Geocaching Mountain Monster!

We get our ammo cans at army surplus stores or Princess Auto. I bought several today for $20.00 each.

You are lucky and have a Geocaching Store near you in Victoria, Landsharkz, which also carries camoed ammo cans and many other Geocaching Supplies.

Enjoy your Geocaching Adventures!

We get our ammo cans at army surplus stores or Princess Auto. I bought several today for $20.00 each.

Wow. They run $9 at one of the closest surplus stores to me. The owner apologized for having to charge so much and asked if I wanted to buy as many as I did. He said the price had gone up because of all the people who were convinced the federal government was going to take away ammunition, and were buying the cans to actually store ammo. He expected the price to drop, but I have some cache maintenance to do. So we discussed caching for awhile.

Im not sure about our friends in the Great White North,, But gun shows are the best place around my area to buy them. Normally $5-6 for 7.62 cal $7 for 50cal,2 for $12 and last year I picked up a 40mm for $15 (still haven't hidden that one yet) buts its painted and ready to go :)