PQ preview shows results, DL file gave me 4 waypoints?

NCBondGirl

I ran a PQ and the preview gives me 100 results (which is what I selected) and they all seem to meet the criteria I entered, but the file it gave me to download shows four results - and they happen to be all the caches that I have found...even though I selected "I have not found" in the search?

Any ideas on how to get the right results in a file so I can upload that to my gps?

It sounds and looks to me that you did not run a PQ, but rather a "My Finds" query.

You have 4 finds. I am guessing, but that certainly is what seems to have happened.

If you clicked the [Add to Queue] box, that is what happened. That only runs the "My Finds" query, not a PQ.

EDIT: The PQ is ran by utilizing the "Create a new query" link. Submission of the PQ is accomplished by clicking the [submit Information] box at the bottom of the New Pocket Query page.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

It sounds and looks to me that you did not run a PQ, but rather a "My Finds" query.

You have 4 finds. I am guessing, but that certainly is what seems to have happened.

If you clicked the [Add to Queue] box, that is what happened. That only runs the "My Finds" query, not a PQ.

EDIT: The PQ is ran by utilizing the "Create a new query" link. Submission of the PQ is accomplished by clicking the [submit Information] box at the bottom of the New Pocket Query page.

Hmmm, odd - so, here is what I did:

Tuesday night, I "created a new query" and submitted it. It never went to the 'run' queue, waited and waited (my first one, so I wasn't quite sure what was supposed to happen). Wed night, I double checked of all my criteria (I had selected a few things - but most 'importantly' here were the "I have not found" and "I am not the owner" boxes). I also ran 'preview query' to make sure of the results I 'should' be getting. Still, no file to be downloaded, so I chose the 'add to queue' box. I had a file scheduled and "delivered" within two minutes - but it was the file that just had 'my' things added.

So, can you tell me what I should have done instead? THANKS SO MUCH!

Tuesday night, I "created a new query" and submitted it. It never went to the 'run' queue, waited and waited (my first one, so I wasn't quite sure what was supposed to happen). Wed night, I double checked of all my criteria (I had selected a few things - but most 'importantly' here were the "I have not found" and "I am not the owner" boxes). I also ran 'preview query' to make sure of the results I 'should' be getting. Still, no file to be downloaded, so I chose the 'add to queue' box. I had a file scheduled and "delivered" within two minutes - but it was the file that just had 'my' things added.

After you preview it you need to go back and check the day to run it. If you don't check the day you get nothing.

Yup... I think most everything may have been good UNTIL you hit that Add to Queue box.

It is not uncommon for people to create a PQ, but in doing so when checking the parameter boxes they inadvertently check ones that self-cancel one another. That could be what happened.

Make sure "Days to Generate:" is checked;

Make sure your State of the search is checked;

Make sure your home coords are checked (and entered into geocaching.com), otherwise enter the code # for a cache that you want the PQ centered on (Waypoint Name)

That should do it. :laughing:

The "add to queue" is only for generating a gpx file containing your finds,

As others have said, the most common mistake is to not check the day/s you want the pq to run

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it all ,, i must admit, it took me some time

Edited by Smurf

Ha. Notice embarrassment...I didn't check day to run b/c I mis-read it as being you run it on the checked day OR you run once and delete - I only had the 'run once and delete' selected. Gotcha! So, now I have to wait seven days for it to run? I just want to make sure I am reading that right :rolleyes:

Ha. Notice embarrassment...I didn't check day to run b/c I mis-read it as being you run it on the checked day OR you run once and delete - I only had the 'run once and delete' selected. Gotcha! So, now I have to wait seven days for it to run? I just want to make sure I am reading that right :rolleyes:

No need to wait to run a PQ. You may run up to 5 per 24-hr period.

MY Finds may be ran only once every 7 days.

No need to wait to run a PQ. You may run up to 5 per 24-hr period.

MY Finds may be ran only once every 7 days.

Gotcha! And got IT. It's in my inbox as we "speak" - thanks for the replies!